PM to face no confidence vote today!

It is about Brexit. Maybe he shouldn't have had a surprise piece of birthday cake but Partygate is a manufactured storm in a teacup. Plenty of people have done far worse that weren't subjected to such an outcry. Tens of thousands of ordinary members of the public were breaking lockdown rules long before Boris had his piece of cake. Lockdown parties, raves, mass gatherings, ignoring social distances, ignoring the wearing of face mask requirements; we've all seen these or read/heard reports of it happening.

The media, in particular, and plenty of remainer Tories, have been against Boris since the moment he was elected party leader. They have relentlessly tried to brief against him and undermine him at every turn to punish him for daring to push to deliver the democratic result of the referendum. I know that many remainers have accepted the result of the referendum, some gracefully, some gracelessly, but too many refused to. For them, democracy is for other people.

I know it's traditional for the Tory party to stab its leaders in the back but when their leader has been instrumental in delivering what the majority of the country voted for (those that didn't vote get no say) and delivered the largest Tory majority in years then I expect them to remain loyal to person that delivered it. If they can't do that then they don't deserve the loyalty of their voters.

I think that this is fundamentally true.
What has been happening to BoJo over the past few months isn't a far cry from what happenend to Trump. I'm neither a fan nor a hater of Trump, but the Bollinger Bolshevics that inhabit the meejuh and arts disagreed with how 'the people' had voted and undermined him every single step. It's not on the same level, but it has the same smell.
Wee Jimmy Crankie broke her own Covid rules. Starmer broke the rules with a party invitation only beer and pizza work- based party event party, which, it transpired, his scummy deputy attended. Nothing much seems to have happened about these parties events.

anglo

LE
Just a little reminder, that bastard Blair took us to war on a lie, now we are getting rid of Boris for having a
works PU.

I thought the rule was once an MP no confidence vote called and the leader retained the MPs could not call for another one within 6 months?
12 months

D

Deleted 186086

It is about Brexit. Maybe he shouldn't have had a surprise piece of birthday cake but Partygate is a manufactured storm in a teacup. Plenty of people have done far worse that weren't subjected to such an outcry. Tens of thousands of ordinary members of the public were breaking lockdown rules long before Boris had his piece of cake. Lockdown parties, raves, mass gatherings, ignoring social distances, ignoring the wearing of face mask requirements; we've all seen these or read/heard reports of it happening.

The media, in particular, and plenty of remainer Tories, have been against Boris since the moment he was elected party leader. They have relentlessly tried to brief against him and undermine him at every turn to punish him for daring to push to deliver the democratic result of the referendum. I know that many remainers have accepted the result of the referendum, some gracefully, some gracelessly, but too many refused to. For them, democracy is for other people.

I know it's traditional for the Tory party to stab its leaders in the back but when their leader has been instrumental in delivering what the majority of the country voted for (those that didn't vote get no say) and delivered the largest Tory majority in years then I expect them to remain loyal to person that delivered it. If they can't do that then they don't deserve the loyalty of their voters.
I shall stop buying Private Eye & instead expect from you a weekly Westminster update.
Interesting reading your post & I stand corrected.

As posted on the Boris the PM and Boris under threat threads.

1654545841641.png

I wonder how many calls from the usual suspects over the next few days for a recount, another vote blah blah.

Those tw*ts are becoming even more tedious and irrelevant.

I shall stop buying Private Eye & instead expect from you a weekly Westminster update.
Interesting reading your post & I stand corrected.

Don't forget to genuflect as well as stand corrected.

What a marvelous result. Not because Johnson won, but because the Conservative Party didn’t lose. Had Johnson lost, then so would the Party have. All this horseshit about “narrow victory”, is exactly that. Horseshit. Johnson won convincingly against a vocal minority. Had this been a Parliamentary vote and he’d won by even 20 seats, it’d be a solid victory. He won by 60 seats.

This subtends two consequences, in Diane Abbott’s world.

1. All this horseshit goes away. All he has to do is say “what you gonna do about it? Call a vote of no confidence? FOAD.”

2. If he’s half a brain, he will take on board that not all are rowing in the same direction, so maybe do both a) slightly change course to accommodate the almost-parallel rowers, but more importantly, snap the oars and sink the boats of those rowing the wrong way.

3. Given that he has an absolutely stonking majority that saw the Labour Party have its worst result since the Second World War, surpassing even St Margaret‘s evisceration of the Labour Party, there is a reasonable prospect of at least a working majority next time out - not even the most optimistic Tory could hope for the “red wall” to vote Tory to the same extent as last time, but Labour really needed the Conservatives to depose their leader today. Mid-term events nearly always go against the incumbent(s), but today, that did not happen.

4. Given (3), and notwithstanding any beautifully mascara-streaked cheeks tonight, there is the very likely prospect of another five years of Conservative power at the next GE. But to be clear, that’s not likely until 2025, and so that would mean eight more years of Conservative Power from now.

1654565387296.jpeg

Latest Threads