PM to announce date for leaving No.10

Long awaited, and by no means unexpected. It will be interesting to see who takes over, and if they can do a better job....

Theresa May is expected to announce the date of her departure from Downing Street on Friday morning, senior cabinet ministers have told the BBC.
Sources say they expect the PM to give a timetable for her successor to be chosen, with 10 June likely to be the start of the official leadership race.
Mrs May is due to meet the chairman of Tory backbenchers on Friday.
She has been under pressure to resign, after a backlash by her own MPs against her latest Brexit plan.
Since January, Parliament has rejected the withdrawal agreement Mrs May negotiated with the EU three times. Recent attempts to find a formal compromise with Labour also failed.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48385696

https://news.sky.com/story/live-d-day-for-may-after-brexit-plan-revolt-11727415

Last edited:
Given her record so far I'm expecting the announcement to be along the lines of "I'm resigning when Satan gets out his ice-skates".

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Given her record so far I'm expecting the announcement to be along the lines of "I'm resigning when Satan gets out his ice-skates".
So today then, being as one of the circles of Hell is pure ice. Aptly enough it is for the sin of treachery.

09.00: meeting with Brady, complete with his sealed Envelope O' Doom

09.30: Top up on Beta blockers

10.00: Dead fish face & dagger eyes on, drone through words on autocue. Will go after meeting Trump and D Day celebrations. Might still want to attend the EU Leaders summit, most probably to apologise for failing them

10.15: Full game on in the Tory leadership stakes. Many MP's now scared enough of actually losing their seats to get behind Boris despite hating his guts.

Never mind setting a date and to keep hold of the levers of power until her successor is in post. After the official announcement, she should head out of Downing Street today and don’t look back. After all, Cameron set that precedence.
One of the Cabinet can step up for now - can’t do any worse.

If they need some help getting her out, I used to be a really, really good hit with this.

Some skills you never loose ;)

Strict rules of golf, Mr Bond? - donuts for the team if the door doesn't go on within 3 hits?

first-small.jpg

She should do as other PM's have done once the leave/get sacked.
Write their autobiography/take a job in the city/loads of ££ for a few days a month.
She had the shity stick but go now, why have this crap & backstabbing, let Boris get the stick of poo!

Never mind setting a date and to keep hold of the levers of power until her successor is in post. After the official announcement, she should head out of Downing Street today and don’t look back. After all, Cameron set that precedence.
One of the Cabinet can step up for now - can’t do any worse.
She should go out whistling/ singing too - I think it will be become a fine British tradition...

9 threads. 9 bloody threads that talk about May leaving by resigning or being dragged out over the settee blocking the door.
9 bloody threads.

9 threads. 9 bloody threads that talk about May leaving by resigning or being dragged out over the settee blocking the door.
9 bloody threads.
it's creeping sharia.

9 bloody threads.
Too few?

9 bloody threads.
Stop moaning. Could be 10.

Anyway I want to see if she kicks the cat on the way out. Meanwhile admire the paint job on a door.

She should go out whistling/ singing too - I think it will be become a fine British tradition...

Still, gave rise to one of the finest bits of political insight ever broadcast.

What exactly do you think she would put in her autobiography? What title could she use?

Frustrating Boris?
The Ditherer of Downing Street?
Backstabbing, Insane, Half Witted, and Other Colleagues?
BREXIT? What BREXIT?
Soft on Crime, Hard on Law Enforcement
?

Stop moaning. Could be 10.

Anyway I want to see if she kicks the cat on the way out. Meanwhile admire the paint job on a door.

What has the cat done to deserve that?

If they need some help getting her out, I used to be a really, really good hit with this.

Some skills you never loose ;)

Strict rules of golf, Mr Bond? - donuts for the team if the door doesn't go on within 3 hits?

View attachment 394661

You'd have some bother round my gaff. Police executed a warrant on a scrote living in one of the flats here, months after the new fire-resistant front doors were installed. Really thick sturdy steel doors, with a natty white paint job and door closer thingy. With security locking. And did I mention they're really thick and sturdy? And have security locking?

Took the brave lads of Paisley's K Division over half an hour to get in, and they were using the big red key as shown in your picture. Some other idiot was the cause of a welfare check done by some more guys from K Division a while later, and they took a bit less time to get in, though the idiot's door still has BFO bootprints all over it.

You'd have some bother round my gaff. Police executed a warrant on a scrote living in one of the flats here, months after the new fire-resistant front doors were installed. Really thick sturdy steel doors, with a natty white paint job and door closer thingy. With security locking. And did I mention they're really thick and sturdy? And have security locking?

Took the brave lads of Paisley's K Division over half an hour to get in, and they were using the big red key as shown in your picture. Some other idiot was the cause of a welfare check done by some more guys from K Division a while later, and they took a bit less time to get in, though the idiot's door still has BFO bootprints all over it.
Hydraulic rams or “the rabbit” for those ones. I have had the wall crack through the brickwork before the door went in one of those, but the door always goes in.
Effective but not nearly as dramatic and attention grabbing as the big red key.