PM sent...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Proximo, Jul 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now, correct me if I've got this wrong, but 'PM' means 'Private Message'. And I also understand that if you are fortunate to receive one, a little window will open saying "You lucky chap - someone has sent you a PM! Wanna open it?" or words to that effect.

So why on earth does certain sort of person feel the need to post 'PM sent' on threads, usually coupled to a smiley just to really overdo it.

Am I missing the point here? Or is it simply the action of an Attention Whore?
  2. Bored today Proximo? :D
  3. PM sent. ;)

Edited to add: The fcuking smiley.
  4. msr

msr LE

Check your PMs :)
  5. Message board etiquette......?
  6. Short but a worthy chuckle inducer. Well done Prox
  7. [​IMG]

Thanks anyway, and welcome to ARRSE.
  8. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

You got pms?
  9. My missus has...

...unless you're asking whether I have a collection of Prime Ministers?
  10. Everyone knows that the reason you say "Mate, check PMs" is because when the thread is called "Looking for Cpl D**** S******* or smidge of 22 SAS" it makes you sound like you pose for family snaps with your face obscured.
  11. The pop up box is optional.

Check PMs
  12. msr

msr LE

13. No smiley: 6/10

14. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

The reason why one posts up a 'PM Sent' with a wink or smile, is to make veryone else feel jealous that they are not part of that particular conversation, that it's a bit hush, hush, and that they are in the 'losers club'.

Check your PMs Biped, you have a new, uber-secret message, reserved for your eyes only, but for gawd's sake, don't let on to the plebs what you are talking to yourself about. :)
  15. I sometimes use check pm to someone if I know they are in the habit of reading a site without logging in. Don't want to sound like a voice of reason so...... check pm :D