PM Question time - 3rd Jun

Bit touchy, isn't he?

Wonder why? :D

Ok ok I live in a time warp...... :oops:

The speaker threatens to suspend PMQ's........what a suprise. Broons hoping I think.

I think I've just become a fan of this bloke Sir Peter Tapsell
He's just suggested that the constitution doesn't need any change it simply needs applied by Brown fooking off in the appropriate manner.

jagman said:
I think I've just become a fan of this bloke Sir Peter Tapsell
He's just suggested that the constitution doesn't need any change it simply needs applied by Brown fooking off in the appropriate manner.
Said like a true statesman, but that's what you'd expect from an ex-soldier with 50 years experience in parliament.

Have to admit, no-one managed to get him to even acknowledge the problems he faces. Cameron didn't do as well as I expected and Clegg actually had Brown smiling naturally.

Certainly not a kicking, in my book.

All square at worst, perhaps slightly in his favour.

I was expecting a better show.

PS See Ladyman is looking for a new job..... :roll:

in_the_cheapseats said:
Have to admit, no-one managed to get him to even acknowledge the problems he faces. Cameron didn't do as well as I expected and Clegg actually had Brown smiling naturally.

It suits the Tories and the Lib Dems to keep Broon in place until the election - Labour's defeat with him at the helm will be far worse than the defeat awaiting any replacement.

in_the_cheapseats said:

Agreed, but it's difficult to see what they could have done differently. The PM simply ignores the questions he doesn't want to answer.

King_of_the_Burpas said:
in_the_cheapseats said:

It suits the Tories and the Lib Dems to keep Broon in place until the election - Labour's defeat with him at the helm will be far worse than the defeat awaiting any replacement.
Can see the logic of that, but its the further damage he will cause before a GE that worries me.

DeltaDog said:
in_the_cheapseats said:

Agreed, but it's difficult to see what they could have done differently. The PM simply ignores the questions he doesn't want to answer.
Ditto, I think he came out of that pretty much unscathed, just wondering if he's related to 'Houdini'! Still the longer he's at the helm the more unpopular he'll become in the build up to the main election next year..........or sooner! :D

I am fed up with Brown claiming over and over again that he did the right thing by nationalising the banks etc... like the story is over, that is actually fixed anything. Its storing up problems for the future. His self congratulation on his economic record is dangerous and misleading. Northern Rock was a disaster, letting it fail would have been cheaper and better for everybody in the long run. His claim that doing something is always better than doing nothing is a political solution to what should have been question of whether it was a viable business or not. Likewise the other banks he 'saved' arent looking great. He is claiming victory before the firing has stopped. But he doesnt get that, and thats why he is looking like a spoilt angry disfunctional child in this debate when 'nobody understands him' and keep asking the same questions and refusing to believe he is the messiah and the only man in the whole wide world who can do the job...

jagman said:
I do believe that Mr Brown looks like he is about to loose the plot.
"about to lose the plot"???

"about to"???

Are you some sort of diehard loyal spokesman for the cnut? He lost it years ago - either while still chancellor, or possibly earlier.

My only real problem is that although I intend to vote tory as the best way of getting rid of these totally useless fcukers, I have little faith in the tories either.

in_the_cheapseats said:

I wish Mr Cameron would stop harping on about an election and attack Labour's policies and failings - and there are plenty of targets. Sadly, until he does so, I cannot see anyone wanting to vote for the Tories.

Litotes

This made me smile a bit:

While stitching up the hand of a 75 year old Devon farmer, who cut it on a gate while working with cattle, the rural doctor struck up a conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to Gordon Brown and his appointment as Prime Minister.

“Well, you know,” drawled the old farmer, “this Brown fellow is what they call a fencepost tortoise.”

Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a fencepost tortoise was.

The old farmer said, “When you’re driving along a country road and you come across a fence post with a tortoise balanced on top, that’s called a fencepost tortoise.”

The old farmer saw a puzzled look on the doctor’s face, so he continued to explain, “You know he didn’t get up there by himself, he definitely doesn’t belong up there, he doesn’t know what to do while he is up there, and you just have to wonder what kind of idiot put him up there in the first place.”

tattybadger said:

While stitching up the hand of a 75 year old Devon farmer, who cut it on a gate while working with cattle, the rural doctor struck up a conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to Gordon Brown and his appointment as Prime Minister.

“Well, you know,” drawled the old farmer, “this Brown fellow is what they call a fencepost tortoise.”

Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a fencepost tortoise was.

The old farmer said, “When you’re driving along a country road and you come across a fence post with a tortoise balanced on top, that’s called a fencepost tortoise.”

The old farmer saw a puzzled look on the doctor’s face, so he continued to explain, “You know he didn’t get up there by himself, he definitely doesn’t belong up there, he doesn’t know what to do while he is up there, and you just have to wonder what kind of idiot put him up there in the first place.”
Nice tale :D If it was Brown stuck on top of a fencepost i'm not sure whether i'd chose to start a bonfire at the bottom or to launch it with P4. Decisions decisions....
Oh, unless it was a sharpened stake, Vlad the Impaler style. Ah, we can dream....

jockass said:
tattybadger said:

Nice tale :D If it was Brown stuck on top of a fencepost i'm not sure whether i'd chose to start a bonfire at the bottom or to launch it with P4. Decisions decisions....
Oh, unless it was a sharpened stake, Vlad the Impaler style. Ah, we can dream....
think Fig 12......