PM problems

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by ViroBono, Jun 8, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

I find that I am unable to send PMs to certain luminaries on this means; the message appears to 'stick' in the outbox. I can receive PMs from the same people.

The problem remains whether I am using Mac/Firefox or Windoze/IE. Any ideas?
  2. Any PMs will stay in your outbox until the recipient reads it.
    If they don't log in or check their PMs for a while it will remain in your outbox.

3. ditto and to add those PM's stuck in the outbox seem to eventualy send themselves, just not when I try to send them.
  4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Does BFG9000's post not answer this? They stay in the outbox until the target reads it, or have you sent a PM, know that it has been read and the message is still in the outbox?
  5. BFG's post does answer the question, thanks. I was in the process of typing an answer to the first post, when BFG posted the answer.

so thats as clear as mud then :wink:
  6. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

OK. A bit confusing I admit, and I thought the same to start with, but now you know!
  7. The images button doesnt worjk on the thread post reply thing so cant stick pics on posts.
  8. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Seems to work OK for me. What happens exactly? Do you see the image tag code but not the image? Or doesn't the button do anything? It seems to be a javascript popup, so you may need to check you've got javascript enabled.
  9. everytime I got to copy and image, it selects as usual but doesnt appear ont he creen. also the same happens with smilies etc. having to do them manually usuing keyboard, but can only do these :) :)
  10. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

This is only in the personal messages?
  11. No on main posts
  12. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I'm getting a real run around today. Firstly a whinge; if you're going to post in a board called PM problems about something totally different please tell me so that I don't f uck around chasing the wrong problem. Whinge over.

Now a test: /images/adverts/arrsejob.gif :D :) :( :eek: :lol: 8) :twisted: :p
  13. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Could you check you have javascript enabled, and if not let me know your browser and version (help, about), and I'll try and duplicate the error, because as you can see it works fine for me, and there's loads of others with pictures in their posts.
  14. Not exactly articulate - but I did state on thread posts not PM, RTFQ Good CO before you spit your dummy at me. :)

Oh the underline thing is fcuked too ;)

edited by GCO
  15. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

See above post please