PM offers visa deal if India takes back more illegal immigrants

I don't quite know how this will work...

"Theresa May has offered to relax visa restrictions for Indian people wanting to come to the UK - in return for faster returns of illegal immigrants and overstayers."

Speaking on a trade visit to Delhi, the Prime Minister said: "The UK will consider further improvements to our visa offer if at the same time we can step up the speed and volume of returns of Indians with no right to remain in the UK."

Pressure has been on Theresa May to offer better visa access to the UK in return for post-Brexit trade.

But she is also focused on trying to reach the long-missed target of reducing UK immigration to the tens of thousands.

Some have commented that in return for controlling immigration from the EU, Britain will have to relax border controls on citizens from other counties in order to forge global trade deals."

So basically a benefit to the rich of India if we shell the poor fellas of Hounslow and Southall back? I quite like the part about Indian Business travellers getting relaxed restrictions but not commoners, @earth definately won't benefit

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru

"Theresa May has offered to relax visa restrictions for Indian people wanting to come to the UK - in return for faster returns of illegal immigrants and overstayers."

Speaking on a trade visit to Delhi, the Prime Minister said: "The UK will consider further improvements to our visa offer if at the same time we can step up the speed and volume of returns of Indians with no right to remain in the UK."

Pressure has been on Theresa May to offer better visa access to the UK in return for post-Brexit trade.

But she is also focused on trying to reach the long-missed target of reducing UK immigration to the tens of thousands.

Some have commented that in return for controlling immigration from the EU, Britain will have to relax border controls on citizens from other counties in order to forge global trade deals."

So basically a benefit to the rich of India if we shell the poor fellas of Hounslow and Southall back? I quite like the part about Indian Business travellers getting relaxed restrictions but not commoners, @earth definately won't benefit
We need Indian Doctors and Pakistani Doctors, currently to get them you've to be vetted like a cockle picking gang master.
We let any old shite jump on trucks but we make it hard to get highly trained Doctors.

We need Indian Doctors and Pakistani Doctors, currently to get them you've to be vetted like a cockle picking gang master.
We let any old shite jump on trucks but we make it hard to get highly trained Doctors.
I wanted to bring one of my harem to the UK for a holiday. Getting a visa for her is a bloody nightmare. It will be easier to call her Fatima, give her a fake ginger beard and a burkha and bring her in illegally with a false passport.

Whats more she speaks better English than some immigration officers I have met at Heathrow.

Why do we need more people from the Sex Pest capital of the world?

Will the same conditions be extended to other nationalities that break migration laws? Aussie backpacker overstays visa - gets nailed, Indian illegal overstays and we invite more in ???

We do not need more Indian IT workers or waiters for curry houses. Anyone that has worked with Indian IT workers will know just how universally rubbish they are and how excruciatingly difficult they are to work with. University degrees are freely available for the right price in India and bribing officials to obtain better exam results is a national sport.

I worked for a well known company that would only employ Indian IT folks - why? Because they were dirt cheap and easily abused. Bring 'em over, cram 'em into a house, work 'em 16 hours a day. I recall one case where an Indian bloke had been at the company for years, was studying part time for an MBA. With about month to go before he qualified for residency, plans in place to bring his family over here etc, he got cheeky and demanded to be on the same daily rate as his British co-workers. Big mistake, visa withdrawn ........, pay your own way home son. Sent a big message to the other Indian IT contractors not to think above their "station" in life.

There is a real inconsistency amongst the liberal elite. Happy for us to de-populate southern Africa and the Sub Continent of it's young men, causing all sorts of demographic problems, just so we can have cheap labour, just please refrain from calling them "coolies"! Sort of colonialist attitude " we are white Europeans, therefore we have a right to do what we want to other countries and they must come to our white country because their countries are sh*tholes, we are right because we read the Guardian and buy fair trade coffee", ironic really.

Just remember, the software that you use for banking, controls the aircraft you fly in, the equipment in the operating theatre, traffic lights etc has in all probability been programmed by a bloke who is being exploited and may have paid for his IT "degree".

Hope that makes everyone feel that bit safer !

Last edited:

Shame you missed the bit before that, where India said "Relax the visa restrictions if you want a trade agreement with us", to which PMTM replied "Sure, as long as you take back more of those who are here illegally".

Kinda puts a different slant on things, doesn't it....

How does India benefit from all its talent fuckng off?
The current situation arose because of abuse of "temporary" work visas, over half of which were issued to Indian IT workers.

The visas were supposed to be for very short term visits by senior managers needing to visit their company's UK subsidiaries. If Bill Gates needed to come to Britain for a meeting at Microsoft UK, he'd get one of these visas. So far so good.

Some cunning soul realised that "senior" and "UK subsidiary" are not precisely defined terms. Indian outsourcing companies established UK "subsidiaries" simply by renting an office and screwing a brass plate on the door.

"Senior" managers rapidly went from middle aged experts to recent graduates and then to non-technical staff. I once visited the office of an Indian outsourcing company in London. Every member of staff, including the receptionist, was an Indian on a temporary senior manager work visa.

UK employers hoovered the Indian staff up. One well known company that shall remain nameless but that is British and involved Telecommunications had entire development centres staffed by Indian immigrants. They were shedding UK staff as fast as they could print the P45s and replacing them with Indians because:-

They were employed by a company in India so UK and EU employment legislation does not apply. 50 hour shifts. No paid leave. No sick pay. No maternity leave. No pensions. Give them a slap and send them back to India if they complain.

Some Indian outsourcing companies received a "dispensation" so that their staff in the UK paid neither income tax nor national insurance. This was the killer benefit that meant an Indian on a temporary work visa cost about one third less than a Brit on the same take home pay. This benefit killed the jobs of many a British IT worker.

UK companies were so pleased with this arrangement that they piled donations into the Labour party. The Labour party was so pleased that they dispatched a Ministerial team to India to, err, liaise.

God forbid that anybody should suggest that money was changing hands in return for tax dispensations but a consulting firm was set up shortly after the Indian visit. It was the only UK company where all of the directors were either MPs or Peers and it was the only company in Britain to have its registered office in the Palace of Westminster, thus ensuring that the business enjoyed Parliamentary immunity.

The MP who was the CEO of the consulting firm was indicted on 17 separate counts of fraud during the expenses scandal.

Basically, corrupt politicians were selling British jobs to foreign companies. This promised to make the expenses scandal look like MPs nicking pens out of the stationery cupboard. That's why the Tories stamped on this and that's why it's so hard to get skilled staff into the UK now. Just one more thing that Gordon Brown gave us while he was busy saving the world.

Why do we need more people from the Sex Pest capital of the world?

Will the same conditions be extended to other nationalities that break migration laws? Aussie backpacker overstays visa - gets nailed, Indian illegal overstays and we invite more in ???

We do not need more Indian IT workers or waiters for curry houses. Anyone that has worked with Indian IT workers will know just how universally rubbish they are and how excruciatingly difficult they are to work with. University degrees are freely available for the right price in India and bribing officials to obtain better exam results is a national sport.

I worked for a well known company that would only employ Indian IT folks - why? Because they were dirt cheap and easily abused. Bring 'em over, cram 'em into a house, work 'em 16 hours a day. I recall one case where an Indian bloke had been at the company for years, was studying part time for an MBA. With about month to go before he qualified for residency, plans in place to bring his family over here etc, he got cheeky and demanded to be on the same daily rate as his British co-workers. Big mistake, visa withdrawn ........, pay your own way home son. Sent a big message to the other Indian IT contractors not to think above their "station" in life.

There is a real inconsistency amongst the liberal elite. Happy for us to de-populate southern Africa and the Sub Continent of it's young men, causing all sorts of demographic problems, just so we can have cheap labour, just please refrain from calling them "coolies"! Sort of colonialist attitude " we are white Europeans, therefore we have a right to do what we want to other countries and they must come to our white country because their countries are sh*tholes, we are right because we read the Guardian and buy fair trade coffee", ironic really.

Just remember, the software that you use for banking, controls the aircraft you fly in, the equipment in the operating theatre, traffic lights etc has in all probability been programmed by a bloke who is being exploited and may have paid for his IT "degree".

Hope that makes everyone feel that bit safer !
The guy who covers my technical stuff is the IT director for a company that contracts to banks.

He continually bemoans the Indian staff that he has to work with. He says that his problem with them is twofold. One is that they aren't very competent but worse, there's something in their culture that prevents them admitting that they don't understand.

So he explains, they nod and then do nothing until he comes back and has to explain again.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I wanted to bring one of my harem to the UK for a holiday. Getting a visa for her is a bloody nightmare. It will be easier to call her Fatima, give her a fake ginger beard and a burkha and bring her in illegally with a false passport.

Whats more she speaks better English than some immigration officers I have met at Heathrow.
Yup I did that for a Thai friend it's not easy, neither should it be, however it's fine to ignore what comes through the tunnel and it's OK to leave anyone that manages to get here illegally.

Anyone that has worked with Indian IT workers will know just how universally rubbish they are and how excruciatingly difficult they are to work with.
Just IT workers?!! The vast majority of Indians I have worked with have been rude, condescending and aggressive. Especially when wrong.

The guy who covers my technical stuff is the IT director for a company that contracts to banks.

He continually bemoans the Indian staff that he has to work with. He says that his problem with them is twofold. One is that they aren't very competent but worse, there's something in their culture that prevents them admitting that they don't understand.

So he explains, they nod and then do nothing until he comes back and has to explain again.
Bit like Romanians.

To be fair I've worked with Indians who grew up here and they're usually fine as developers, ICTs though on the other hand have been dire so it would seem to be a cultural thing

Latest Threads