PM Inbox

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by jack-daniels, Jul 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My inbox says I have 65534 PM's? Even I'm not that popular, any idea how to reset it?
  2. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

The COs can reset it for you mate. I had the exact same problem, as did Dozy and numerous others!

3. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I will add this to the things to do, it's a bug that we have to periodically bodge to cure until the software writers solve the problem - meanwhile READ BEFORE POSTING!
  4. Maybe related, three days ago every time I logged-in and then every time when to a page or refreshed, a compressed box opened which when expanded stated: "The URL that you requested, /cpgn2/Forums/viewforum/index.php?name=Private_Messages&file=index&mode=newpm, could not be found. Perhaps you either mistyped the URL or we have a broken link.

We have logged this error and will correct the problem if it is a broken link."

Three days on after some surious clicking it turns out I had a PM - sent yes, three days earlier. No doubt the ARRSE system has been charged - yet again - in the interests of improvement. Personally, the old PM notification system worked well for me and - IF IT WORKS DON'T FIX IT

5. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

No9 - we haven't changed anything to do with the PM system although there is obviously a problem and thanks for letting me know, although the little stab at the end had succeeding in pis5ing me off you'll be pleased to hear. I can't tell you how much I love evenings of trying to keep this secure and bug free and little comments of appreciation like that are great for morale.

Anyway, I would be grateful if you could decide whether it is in fact broken or not, as I obviously don't want to annoy you by trying to fix it.
  6. Sorry to have pis5ed you off GCO, I was under the impression that only happened if someone/me sent you a PM? However, I probably totally wrong, but, I really do remember a strap at the top of the page that stated ‘you have 0 (whatever) messages’. Then suddenly it disappeared – or so I though? To save keep going to Messages to see, on the very rare occasion, I might have one, there appeared a tickable option box to have a flash appear when I had a PM. I have now unticked this, the ‘you have X messages’ has not reappeared, so I have to conclude that I will only know when I have a message if I go to Messages and check???

Personally, and I’m probably the only one, I’d rather have ‘you have x messages’ on page top than all the other ‘things’ which I never, ever use, but no doubt everybody else does.