PM condemns the reward of failure

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Herrumph, Feb 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Our Glorious Leader has today said that it is wrong that failure should be rewarded. He was talking about Banker Sir Fred's pension pot of course.

Can we think of any other conspicuous failures who should be singled out to be denied a reward?

Big G for leading country into what one of his own Ministers described as being the worse recession in a century perhaps. Loss of PM Pension and inevitible peerage/en-noblement maybe.

2. hate to say this but britain isn't the only country with the worst recession since WW2. it's not actually his fault, you can blame him for the wrong decisions he makes during the recession though.

3. Do i detect the kettle calling the pot grimy arse here?

4. The government is apparently going to "claw back" some amount of the pension. We will wait and see whether this task will succeed or fail and who will be rewarded (or not) for trying.

5. I notice that Sir Fred and RBS are quoting 'contractual obligations' as the excuse for his wodge, yet he's getting pension entitlement that he shouldn't have accrued until 60. Amazing how contracts are only binding when they benefit the greedy bastards.

6. If that wonk had one hapeth of guts or pride he would fall on his sword, the guttles fart

7. Mandelson springs to mind.

8. According to tonight's (Thur 26/02) Radio Four news, it was not in his contract that he HAD to be give a pension when he decided to leave RBS early. It was RBS that decided to grant him a pension. If he had had been sacked (as any other worker in any other field would almost certainly have been if they performed like Sir Fred) he possibly would have been entitled to zilch. Lets face it boys and girls the politicos have no balls and the bankers have no shame. Still our grand kids will be still paying to ensure that he and his grand kids can live in the lap of luxury. Makes you proud to be British???

9. I have no doubt that he is entitled to his pension, the people who should be chastised are the ones who agreed to it.

If HMG decide to retrospectively alter contractural obligations where will it end, any precedent set would apply to politicians pensions too (unless they specifically exempt them), can you see Gordon and his cohorts risking their pensions being withdrawn for "failure in office"?

10. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

As Flashy said the idiot can hardly be called a raging success as PM - so how is his failure going to be (not) rewarded?

11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

That will be Lord Mandelson I think you'll find? Not to be confused with Mendelssohn who was some sort of Hippy strummer.

Lord Mandelson who is currently pouring billions into supporting Brit businesses, because the cheap foreign money fron USA, EU, Iceland and Ireland has... er... vanished like snow on the water?

The man who decreed, day one in office, that Gobmint agencies would pay up within 30 days or face his wrath?

THAT Mandelson?

As for pensions? You agree them on your way in and nobody expects you to predict the circumstances prevailing on your way out. If that was the case, we would all be cattled.

I nominate E Div Crime Squad for pension reversal.

12. So, what are benefits about then?

13. BuggerAll

They are supposed to be societies way of providing a safety net for people who through no fault of their own cannot provide for themselves.

To be fair that is the position of the majority of those in receipt of allowances.

Unfortunately there is a hardcore minority that find scrounging off the taxpayer to be an acceptable lifestyle choice. They are also quite an expensive minority because they are bloody good at milking the system. They should be its their way of life.

Of course I'd happily see a few more people joining the dole queue ASAP and hopefully they be part of the long term unemployable: The idiot and his cronies and the muppets who sit behind them.

14. If 'FAILURE' is not to be rewarded, then hopefully neither Bliar or 'Bottler' Brown will be knighted!

15. BuggerAll

It is a constitutional convention that former PMs are Knighted or ennobled if they want - despite the damage they have doe to the constitution I doubt if Cameron would want to inflict further constitutional damage by turning them down on HM's behalf.

Its interesting that Blair has not taken a K or robes. Is it a final snub to the country and our way of life or has his conscience told him that he is not worthy?