PM Blair To Be Shown The Door?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Not_Whistlin_Dixie, Sep 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From The Independent:

Tony Blair will be served notice to quit Downing Street at a meeting of the Cabinet next week when senior ministers plan to confront him over his refusal to commit to a departure timetable.

One described Mr Blair this weekend as "deluded", while another said he was being "self-indulgent". They are among a growing number of cabinet ministers, some formerly loyal to Mr Blair, who have concluded he must leave office sooner rather than later if Labour is to have a chance of winning a fourth term.

"This pantomime has to end or we are going to lose the next election," said one last night.

Another was brutally dismissive of the Prime Minister's attempt to "spray around policy initiatives" ahead of the party's annual conference in Manchester. "Tony is deluding himself if he thinks that anyone is listening to all this stuff."

"'Deluded': Extraordinary attack on Blair by Cabinet" by Francis Elliott, Whitehall Editor. 3 September 2006
  2. I hope he stays as PM untill the next General Election.

The people can then give their verdict on his legacy.

On second thoughts what will he have got us into.

Go now.
  3. NWD, you've made me very happy with that post. In fact, I'm fuffed to chuck about it. When I first read the title, I misunderstood it as a statement because I failed to spot the question-mark at the end and let out a great whoop of joy. But as long as the slimy, arrogant fücker goes, that's good enough for me.

4. Hopefully from 30,000 ft. Sans parachute. :evil:
  5. On TV (on whatever David Frost's old programme is called now) this am the 'experts' were saying they expect him to hand on as long as he can and the longer he does the less likely Gordon Brown will be a shoe in, so not all bad news if he stays then.
  6. Maybe he's hanging on for some sort of parliament LSSA that we don't know about...
  7. I want Blair to stay.
    Not because I like him but because I cant stand Labour.
    They’ve become corrupt and decadent, everyone of the senior party members needs to go.
    It’s time for a new party to take a stab at government and with Blair still in power at the next election it could be a strong possibility, unfortunately if someone like Gordon Brown were to be at the helm come election time Labour just might stand a chance at winning – the general public really is that stupid…
  8. If Blair is done in and given the boot, won't that mean Prescott is in charge until the labour lot ellect their new leader?
  9. That's why, despite over a million (hmmmmm) marched in the first anti war demonstration Blair got voted in again.

They had a parties to vote for, parties that took an anti war stance. But those parties could not move the greater electorate to vote for them.

Do You HONESTLY think that the Boy wonder will get a look in next time, do You think He will even survive the knives in the next four years???? There are already mutterings from the traditionalists, the Thatcherites and the One Nationists over the various stances he is taking on the most important issues (most important as far as Tories are concerned that is).

Taking the ministers who are talking to the press. Doesn't it strike You as odd that although they are willing to stand up to him they aren't willing to put their names to their standing up to him. Whilst I am open to seeing the names in tomorrows news. Or the day after or the day after that. In fact I will be waiting all the way to the Labour conference for these names ot become public. It can't be that they are scared for their jobs - If they are going to confront him at the conference then, if He stays, they have got to go.

So why aren't they giving their names out in the press????? Because some might be chuntering but nobody is going to stand up to be counted. Which leaves the press whistling up a storm
  10. Don't worry, I think these ministers grumbling within Labour will make themselves known before the week is out. Whether any put themselves forward as leadership candidates will remain to be seen for weeks after.
  11. I like Blair, but it's time for him to go. "Charisma Brown" has got naff all chance of winning an election, I think John Reid is the most viable choice as leader.

But at the end of the day, I don't trust any of em.
  12. Yesterday I realised that not once had I heard a good word said about Blair on ARRSE. And now I have. What do you like about him? His hair looks pretty good. He's got a pretty looking wife and great kids. He's a trustworthy chap, never fibs, puts the country first. Other than that I can't think of anything....
  13. I have watched him and his body language (beyond the tutored non-pointing) quite often in his briefings, in interviews and parliament. I think he's a genuine guy and he believes in what he is doing. I don't think he is a good institutional manager, nor do I agree with his decisions on many things.

I like him, I'd have a pint with him but I won't be voting for him.