PM: Armed Forces must compete for resources with others

KGB_resident said:
It's an interesting ptoposition (sic). Btw, are tanks and planes allowed in the competition?
Hell, even an A2 and 10 rounds would do well agin DEFRA ...

10 pfeg bet that a Challenger2 can out muscle a No10 red London double decker bus.

He really is a tit, isn't he

Drive a chally down Downing Street. With a big Bayonet fixed to the gun.

The_IRON said:
10 pfeg bet that a Challenger2 can out muscle a No10 red London double decker bus.
I bet Red Ken and his congestion charge would do for the Chally 2.... "sorry, Sir, you can't bring that in 'ere... it's polluting...

Litotes

When the British Army is deployed on two fronts and there is a UK war on terror for the next 20 years all initiated by this Gov it is outrageous that the MOD has to 'compete' for money. Start the war and then starve the Services of cash and resourses? Joined up thinking or what?

Douglas Alexander MP, Secretary of State for International Development, has just announced on the Politics Show that their aid budget will leap from £5.1 bn to £7.9 bn, because the Government wants to help countries in need! They've obviously never heard that charity begins at home. :evil:

MadJack said:
When the British Army is deployed on two fronts and there is a UK war on terror for the next 20 years all initiated by this Gov it is outrageous that the MOD has to 'compete' for money. Start the war and then starve the Services of cash and resourses? Joined up thinking or what?
No, a deliberate plan to emasculate the armed forces for a generation.

msr

msr said:

msr
Funny how the press have suddenly SEEN this problem
Make me wonder what is being hidden by all this emphasis on defence, call me paranoid, but what a way to hide other less palatable bad news.
Allow the former heads of Services to get press/media time and space and quietly let another item fade away(Northern Rock / Qinetiq / African Aid giveaway?)
MUST go , Black SUV parked up outside......

msr said:
MadJack said:

msr
Why would our government want to deliberately damage the nations defence? Oh, I know that in some ways it looks like that is their intention. Perhaps you are assigning to malice something that is actually incompetence.

Persoanlly I have always felt that there is a desire on the part of some of our enemies (i.e. HMG) that they would be quite happy to destroy the British Army as an independent fighting force, along with the Royal Navy and the other bunch, in order to ensure that the forces will not be capable of any action independent of some sort of EU Farce. Thus forcing us into "ever closer union" in defence terms by default.

Inf/MP said:
Persoanlly I have always felt that there is a desire on the part of some of our enemies (i.e. HMG) that they would be quite happy to destroy the British Army as an independent fighting force, along with the Royal Navy and the other bunch, in order to ensure that the forces will not be capable of any action independent of some sort of EU Farce. Thus forcing us into "ever closer union" in defence terms by default.

Hmmm You may have something there. I cannot see the treatment of the military in the last govt. as simple incompetence.

Latest Threads