plz give me some information !!!!!

hiya
i have been down to lichfield for my selection once already but unfortuantly i failed on my granade test i am now going down again on the 11th of july which will hopefully be a sucess but i am abit worried about the granade test if you could please give me information and abit of help in this matter i would be so happy as im so worried about failing again !!!!!!!

basicly mate what cant you remember?...i passed selection at pirbright in may...

The live version is the L109A1 High Explosive and the drill version is the L110A1.

The stencilling on the L109A1 says "GREN HAND HE L109A1" in yellow letters, on a deep bronze green body with a yellow band around the top.
The stencilling on the L110A1 says "GREN HAND INERT DRILL L110A1" in white letters on a dark blue body.

That's the most difficult bits mate...oh and the effectiveness against targets is 20m for an unprotected target and 5m for a protected target.

Piece of piss mate.. good luck and ask if you need to know anything else.

(i messaged this to you incase its urgent)

Grenade tests? What the hell?

They didn't do that in '94!!!

Rarden_reaper said:
* that all youve gotta remember is to throw the cnut once youve pulled the pin
Then check your finger to ensure that you've got hold of the pin.

move like the clappers when the mong next to you fecks up.... oh and keep yer pull rings... very very handy they are too!

All sounds very violent to me.... I didnt think young soldiers had to do stuff like that..I just thought they were shown the ins and outs of the welfare system!!?
Am I wrong?

odeanio said:
hiya
i have been down to lichfield for my selection once already but unfortuantly i failed on my granade test i am now going down again on the 11th of july which will hopefully be a sucess but i am abit worried about the granade test if you could please give me information and abit of help in this matter i would be so happy as im so worried about failing again !!!!!!!
Sure it was just the 'granade' test you failed?

odeanio said:
hiya
You might have failed it because you spelt grenade wrong. Just a thought.

How the fcuk can you fail the grenade test?
I thought it was just pressing the 'X' Button on your playstation controller?

Not having even seen a grenade for about 30 years, I've understandably forgotten the IA drills.

What comes after "GRENADE FIRES, GRENADE STOPS"?

And has anyone got some range tables to remind me of the maximum vertex?

Grenade test. I had to face the more vicious side of dominos!!

Grenade test??? Is this a wind up? Recruits are dangerous enough... If not how hard can it be to place a grenade in one hand and pull the pin with the other, then throw it??? Recruits these days seem to be a little short on grey matter and common sense. The reason you probaly failed is because you are stupid or lazy. If you need to remember something do it para fashion. Keep learning it again and again and again and again and again and again and again...until it sticks. If you have problems with that you belong in hospital because im sure you will have problems with the basics like breathing. Numbskull!!!

You dont actually throw a live grenade, you throw a practice grenade, scream GRENADE and then you and everybody else in the que behind you jump face first on the floor. I remember we had some asian micheal jackson wannabe when i went, couldnt scream grenade loud enough so the corporal had him at the side of the range for half hour screaming grenade over and over again till he got it right :D:D:D

And the grenade test is a written test, your shown grenades on a powerpoint presentation and told things about them and told what you should remember about them, and then you have to remember everything about them and answer 10 questions about them in a written test straight after your 1.5 miler.
Think most of the answers were given in the first few posts, also need to remember the definition of inert. Which i think means non-explosive..

There's this video I keep getting shown at the Army Careers Office that features these potential recruits doing this grenade test. It's great, like when you were a kid and used to lob a piece of brick at ya sister, yelling grenade and fireing your stick-gun at her. Brill.
(A stick gun is a length of fence or suitably shaped stick which is used as a rifle because rifles where hard things for six year old to find on the estate in them days. It's not a euphenism for your c0ck).

On t'video there's this one guy who throws the thing and screams it like he's straight out of Platoon, accent and everything, and the instructor (who's got this 'I didn't sign up for this' expression going on) laughs at him. When I do it, i'm gonna say 'GRENADE MOTHERF*CKERRRRR!!!!' Yeah, dude! 8)

Morty said:
There's this video I keep getting shown at the Army Careers Office that features these potential recruits doing this grenade test. It's great, like when you were a kid and used to lob a piece of brick at ya sister, yelling grenade and fireing your stick-gun at her. Brill.
(A stick gun is a length of fence or suitably shaped stick which is used as a rifle because rifles where hard things for six year old to find on the estate in them days. It's not a euphenism for your c0ck).

On t'video there's this one guy who throws the thing and screams it like he's straight out of Platoon, accent and everything, and the instructor (who's got this 'I didn't sign up for this' expression going on) laughs at him. When I do it, i'm gonna say 'GRENADE MOTHERF*CKERRRRR!!!!' Yeah, dude! 8)
Don't the Septics scream: "Fire in the hole" or something when they lob a grenade?

I first heard that expression when I saw Platoon. If I'd heard it before that, I'd have automatically assumed it was coming from somebody on the bog after eating a vindaloo the night before.

MsG

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Gunners 4
G Army Reserve 11
G The Training Wing 59