Plymouth Hoe Service

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by atmycommand, Nov 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fabulous turn out however i feel the need to raise this so it dosnt happen again.

I attended the service with my 92 year old great uncle. Hes a typical old timer! does not need help and refuses to have a disabled badge in the car. We managed to get parked in the citidel as all access up to the site was totally blocked! the walk to the service was far too far for a gentleman of his age. Once we arrived at the service there was no seating and at this point i have to thank the huge generosity of the injured Royal Marines who passed one of thier chairs (this was incase they couldnt stand for the whole service, however they are proud lads they are all remainied upright!) across for my uncle to sit

we all notice the trend of the old boys slowly disapearing from these parades every year. It would be a shame for them not to come because of the lack of organisation.

is this normal for a service not to look after the veterians like this? did we (the family) miss some form of comunication with the council to say he would be attending?

Like i said it this isnt so much of a blaime thread. Hopefully it means we wont get it wrong again

2. Glad he was able to make it.Obviously means a great deal to him.Maybe talk to the RBL? They might have some help/advice for you.

3. I thought this was going to be a thread on a new bordello in Plymouth.