Plug Sockets in Paderborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Can anyone shed any light on if I'm gonna need to buy afew convertors for existing UK plugs, or if the sockets in Germany are made the same as they are in UK.

Thanks

Dont worry about plugs, mate. The Chairmans havent finished rebuilding the power stations since the Allies bombed them, so you will be without power most of the time anyway. Are you an electrician?

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
You need to buy a bicycle and a dynamo. Pedal really hard and you might have enough power for your radio. Not that there's much to listen to as BFBS is tonk.

You should have tried posting this in the NAAFI mate.

Are electrical sockets and plug sockets the same thing?

DarkNinja said:
Are electrical sockets and plug sockets the same thing?
No, you get electricity out of 'electrical sockets' but you stick your plug in 'plug sockets'. Simples!

Lazarus135 said:
Yeah the same. just want to know if i can take my TV, xbox etc without having to use adaptors.
You are a real globe trotter are't you

Lazarus135 said:
Yeah the same. just want to know if i can take my TV, xbox etc without having to use adaptors.
If your TV is a Brit one, the chances are it will not work in Germany including Paderborn so you may have saved yourself the price of a German plug - or is that socket?

Lazarus135 said:
In some cases you can, it depends if the electricity supplied where you are complies with BS 10045. If not, you have to get a converter from Lidl or Aldi. I should take one with you anyway.

AT55 said:
Lazarus135 said:
If your TV is a Brit one, the chances are it will not work in Germany including Paderborn so you may have saved yourself the price of a German plug - or is that socket?
Can’t say it’s a problem that I have come across

Not this century anyway :wink:

AT55 said:
Lazarus135 said:
Yes it will.

Lazarus135 said:
Hello,

Can anyone shed any light on if I'm gonna need to buy afew convertors for existing UK plugs, or if the sockets in Germany are made the same as they are in UK.

Thanks
Mate take it all with you and when you get there pop along to Praktiker or similar and buy yourself a slack handful of German plugs to stick on your electrical items.

Job jobbed.

Idiot spelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Health and Fitness 2
BuggerAll The Intelligence Cell 29
Rogue_Monkey The NAAFI Bar 0