Plod,the drug shipment and the sacks of flour.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vvaannmmaann, Nov 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm not kidding-that really brightened up my afternoon. :D
  2. It's a good job most front line coppers are on special teams with 'community' inthe title that just work daylight hours.

It's also a good job no crime takes place after dark!! :x
  3. Ah but this isn't normal plod. It's the Seriously Disorganised Crime Agency....
  4. The serious and Organised Crime Agency are not Plod. They are are a huge elephant.
  5. Director General of SOCA has the power to designate SOCA officers with the powers of a police, customs or immigration officer.

That surprises a lot of people and leads to some, er, interesting outcomes.

Bit like what would happen if my boss were able to designate me as being a fully trained and ready to go brain surgeon....

6. Exactly sir.
  7. Ha ha ha ha ha!
  8. Wonderful professionalism. Set up an ambush, and then bugger off home because you want your tea.

Still, makes you laugh at the worthless sods. Very surprised to hear about the ability to simply designate someone as having the powers of plod though! Might explain a lot, if they've just grabbed Wayne and Tarquin from the office on the way out...
  9. It does rather appear that 'Serious' is a bit of a misnomer. No chance of the throbber who made the decision being named I suppose?

Course not.

Oh, and the cost of the investigation twixt cock up and arrest of the gang should be removed fron his/her pension(1)

(1)When they retire early from 'stress' or something.
  10. I suppose they'll just have to look elsewhere.