• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Plod,the drug shipment and the sacks of flour.

It's a good job most front line coppers are on special teams with 'community' inthe title that just work daylight hours.

It's also a good job no crime takes place after dark!! :x

Night_Turn said:
The serious and Organised Crime Agency are not Plod. They are are a huge elephant.
Director General of SOCA has the power to designate SOCA officers with the powers of a police, customs or immigration officer.

That surprises a lot of people and leads to some, er, interesting outcomes.

Bit like what would happen if my boss were able to designate me as being a fully trained and ready to go brain surgeon....

Blogg said:
Night_Turn said:
The serious and Organised Crime Agency are not Plod. They are are a huge elephant.
Director General of SOCA has the power to designate SOCA officers with the powers of a police, customs or immigration officer.

That surprises a lot of people and leads to some, er, interesting outcomes.

Bit like what would happen if my boss were able to designate me as being a fully trained and ready to go brain surgeon....

Exactly sir.

Wonderful professionalism. Set up an ambush, and then bugger off home because you want your tea.

Still, makes you laugh at the worthless sods. Very surprised to hear about the ability to simply designate someone as having the powers of plod though! Might explain a lot, if they've just grabbed Wayne and Tarquin from the office on the way out...

It does rather appear that 'Serious' is a bit of a misnomer. No chance of the throbber who made the decision being named I suppose?

Course not.

Oh, and the cost of the investigation twixt cock up and arrest of the gang should be removed fron his/her pension(1)

(1)When they retire early from 'stress' or something.

Steve Baldwin, SOCA’s head of investigations in the North West, said: “We have been able to prevent the serious and detrimental effect these drugs would have had on officers if they had hit the mess.”
I suppose they'll just have to look elsewhere.

Latest Threads