Plod get medal

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by yellowhandbag, Mar 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I can confirm that the Home Office has secured agreement for eligibility for the Police exemplary service medal to be reduced from 22 to 20 years service, in line with other emergency services.

We are grateful for the work of the Police Federation of England and Wales in drawing the matter to our attention. The medal provides recognition of the commitment and dedication shown by police officers and we are pleased to be able to announce the change.

An amendment to the Royal Warrant was signed on 19 January 2010 and eligibility is with effect from that date. Please note that we cannot implement this change until the amended Royal Warrant has been gazetted in the London Gazette. Once this has been done, all Police Forces will be informed immediately.
  2. Already being nicknamed the not long enough service medal. What a waste of time and effort that was.
  3. Who cares? Is this not ARRSE ? Its not a plod website.
  4. Medal for 20 years service dealing with drunks and druggies - why not!
  5. I suspect its not an easy job and I know many are ex Forces so dont be so critical
  6. Why are there so many coppers who never served a day in the Army on here?

I best get myself registered on a plod site, not being one I'm sure I'll fit right in.

7. F'ckin hell, not more pointless tin, I'll never fit my socks in the drawer at this rate. 8O
  8. It's a reasonable point, what relevance does a Police medal for coppers have to a military site? I know that some former Toms are now coppers but former Toms are now a lot of things, shall we discuss scaffolding or incontinence pants?

9. To be fair, if they made a medal for incontinence pants, you just know the quality would be pi55 poor.
  10. You dont have to be a former Tom to be incontinent.
  11. But it helps.
  12. I believe serving with a lot of drunks (and possibly a few druggies) got me my LS&GC, why not the bizzies?
  13. Never underestimate the power of a medal ribbon on a fleece when it comes to dodging the tea making on earlies. Problem nowadays though is half of the Probationers fresh out of the wrapper have got more gongs than an, er gong ensemble from Guangdong.
  14. Handbag, what's your source mate? The latest I heard was in early March this year that the petition had been acknowledged and was under consideration, and if unanimously accepted, would be forwarded for ratification by HMQ. Things seem to have moved lightning quick if this is the case. Must be an election coming......
  15. Yeah, what's the deal with that anyway? I'm forever seeing rozzers with metal medal ribbons on their ties, stab-vests etc etc. It looks a bit chad to be honest.