Plod at it again

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vampireuk, Jun 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've looked around and I'm suprised I can't find a thread on this already.

This time plod are using a taser on a bloke on the ground and the punch him in the head a few times after he has been tasered for the second time. Such professionalism. :)
  2. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

I was with plod for the second tazering, because the bloke was still lashing out with hands and feet despite being on the ground.

The punching was a step too far, although possibly understandable given that the bloke had allegedly put another policeman in hospital.

Shami Chakrabarti didn't mention either of those aspects when interviewed. I wonder why.
  3. If you haven't arrested somebody, you can have no idea how difficult it is to restrain somebody who doesn't want to be restrained. Six big coppers can be defeated by a small, active, scrote. Eventually sufficient force has to be used - reasonable is no longer the test I believe, although in my day it was; and it was a load of pants!
  4. Question is would the said gentleman have come quietly when politely asked to stand up like a nice chap or would he have battered another plod?
  5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

could be worse they could all be wandering around with sidearms in which circumstance the bloke might have developed a couple of 9mm perforations.
  6. Now am I wrong or were these tasers brought in to be used as a less lethal option for firearms officers? And why is it understandable for them to have laid into him regardless of what he had done, surely the Police should hold theirselves to a high standard instead of just putting the boot in whenever they wish?
  7. on the youtube video looks as though the second taser shock didn't actually work. Might be wrong but the punches looked to be to the upper arm area, but if other footage comes out will not doubt be corrected.

doesn't look good but unfortunately nicking somebody who doesn't want to come quietly never does.

would be nice to see all the incident instead of just the end.

don't have any issues with it.
  8. I saw it on the news last night...

My assumption is that the guy put a copper in hospital and the other copper decided to hand out some digs for doing it.... but got caught on camera. OOPPSS!!

Seems ironic when the Government want to monitor us... yet when we monitor them we hear about their expensive....

Police want to film us more.. then they get filmed...

Oh the irony..
  9. To be fair to the bloke getting the good news he hasn't put a complaint in (yet).
  10. As is normal with such reporting we don't know what's gone on before hand, the suspect could have been a raving lunatic prior to being tasered and, despite being tasered, still did not comply with commands (quite clearly heard) given to him to comply by putting his arm out in order to be cuffed. People don't realise how difficult it is to restrain and subdue a person who is resisting, let alone fighting, you without seriously injuring them.

The punching looks quite shocking but, the way I saw it, it seemed to me that the officer was striking the suspects muscles in the upper body, similar to a superscapula strike which is taught and Home Office approved, in order to get him to release his arm.

But i'm sure that the media and shami will have a field day with this short video.

I don't think starting a thread with "Plod at it agin" sets the right tone for a reasonable debate though.

You're not Shami Chakrabati are you Vamp?
  11. Looks like they were just trying to subdue him in order to arrest him, he appears to not want to cooperate. What should they have done? Perhaps vampireuk and shami chickinbuttie could enlighten us?

There have been occasions when plods behaviour appears ott - the drunk squddie in the road - but here I do not see a problem.
  12. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Although to be fair, it's not the first time that the plod have been pinged on film for filling someone in recently is it?
  13. True mate, and I don't defend the indifensible as most here will acknowledge from the massive G20 thread but what makes me laugh (in an ironic way) is the assumption that the OB are in the wrong, and are using excessive force, without being in possesion of the full story.

I could be wrong and both the officers involved are out of order but having been there and done that myself, and based on what I saw and the reporting they seemed to have acted correctly.
  14. You are wrong mate. they've been rolled out to non firearms units for some time now. For example Support Groups, Traffic etc.

How do you draw the conclusion that they're laying into him? He's been sufficiently violent to warrant the use of taser and, having been tasered, still refuses to comply.
  15. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Yep, fair one. And as Stacker pointed out, it's not like the guy complained so I suspect he knew he was in the wrong.