Pleeease reassure me these are Cadets on parade

I thought that the classic press image of that incident was a guardsman pinning down the prone 'shooter', with his rifle/bayonet at his throat.

This one got fed up when a tourist actually grabbed his shoulder. He should have administered a nice "butt stroke" to the twats head!

ACAB

LE
If I recall in 1981 when some idiot fired blank rounds at the Queen during Trooping of the Colour the Guardsmen all maintained their traditional rigid posture, not being distracted by anything around them as the London bobbies dived in to arrest the shooter.

All very admirable and disciplined no doubt and an impressive example of their superb sang froid but I remember wondering at the time wasn't their job actually to, you know, "guard" the Sovereign?
Nope. He was detained by a Guardsman with rifle and bayonet. To this day he still receives a bottle of whisky from the Queen at Xmas.

Euclid

Old-Salt
Not really, even the most junior of examples of our high school marching bands manage to keep their "silly walks" synchronized whether forwards, backwards, sideways, or pivoting in a grand circle with the outside managing 45" strides to the inside's 2", whilst maintaining proper positioning and playing the hell out of their preferred instruments in time and in tune.

I did do a bit of a search to find a small one, with really silly walks, questionable taste in theme, and mixed uniforms for an example. The worst I could find. Enjoy.

Looks like a Queens Colour Squadron tribute act, only not as camp.

If this video clip of the event has been posted before, apologies- I've obviously missed it

Have the button groups on Guards No2's always reflected what is on their red tunics? That's the first time I've noticed it i think.

Theres a good example of that jealousy.
I have already purchased all the best bits of kit I will ever need, managed many years as a hand receipt holder of mega dollars worth of equipment for ages without any charges for loss, have 2 pensions, numerous income properties, a pile of precious metals, a surfeit of military kit, arms and ammunition, enjoy any steak and any whisky I want anytime I choose, as well as having possession of at least half a dozen woobies without holes in them. As a grunt, nothing makes me happier than a good woobie. What would an angry, larcenous, retired blanket stacker have to be jealous of given that I am not inclined toward thievery, misplacing things, or yelling at clouds and pigeons?

I have already purchased all the best bits of kit I will ever need, managed many years as a hand receipt holder of mega dollars worth of equipment for ages without any charges for loss, have 2 pensions, numerous income properties, a pile of precious metals, a surfeit of military kit, arms and ammunition, enjoy any steak and any whisky I want anytime I choose, as well as having possession of at least half a dozen woobies without holes in them. As a grunt, nothing make me happier than a woobie. What would an angry, larcenous, retired blanket stacker have to be jealous of given that I am not inclined toward thievery, misplacing things, or yelling at clouds and pigeons?
Mate!......... That is a bite!

I have already purchased all the best bits of kit I will ever need, managed many years as a hand receipt holder of mega dollars worth of equipment for ages without any charges for loss, have 2 pensions, numerous income properties, a pile of precious metals, a surfeit of military kit, arms and ammunition, enjoy any steak and any whisky I want anytime I choose, as well as having possession of at least half a dozen woobies without holes in them. As a grunt, nothing makes me happier than a good woobie.
Is that all?

Is that all?
A good woobie is all a grunt really needs for contentment. Too bad you will never know the satisfaction of being a grunt, or the joy of being content.

A good woobie is all a grunt really needs for contentment. Too bad you will never know the satisfaction of being a grunt, or the joy of being content.
Must admit, my woobie has been my favourite piece of kit ever proffed from Yankville.

I'm content that I wasnt a grunt.

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
If I recall in 1981 when some idiot fired blank rounds at the Queen during Trooping of the Colour the Guardsmen all maintained their traditional rigid posture, not being distracted by anything around them as the London bobbies dived in to arrest the shooter.

All very admirable and disciplined no doubt and an impressive example of their superb sang froid but I remember wondering at the time wasn't their job actually to, you know, "guard" the Sovereign?
That's balls and you know it.

Latest Threads