Please tell me this is not true!

Well, Hollywierd has people defusing bombs by just going, eeny, meeny, miney mo, snip!

Did'nt they already cut the CIC by half a couple of years back? Disgraceful if it's true but nothing would surprise me.

Yes but Hollywood has the minimum grip on reality
judging by some of the recent films made hollywood would'nt know how to spell reality let alone anything else,

The Hurt locker is the first which comes to mind, as long as Hollywood gets it's revenue it could'nt care less

As for the MOD & EOD trg, we'll be hearing plenty of these proposals especially from the Snail, we'll all see the facts the end of Oct!

Yes, it looks like it is true. It was reported in today 'Times' newspaper as well. MoD report it as a "Way of widening the training to include more people...." and to get more people available to do the job.....or words of that gist.!

Possibly a case of 'Needs Must'

judging by some of the recent films made hollywood would'nt know how to spell reality let alone anything else,

The Hurt locker is the first which comes to mind, as long as Hollywood gets it's revenue it could'nt care less

As for the MOD & EOD trg, we'll be hearing plenty of these proposals especially from the Snail, we'll all see the facts the end of Oct!
Hollywood are there to entertain people not portray the truth - it's just a film!

So ZULU is not a documentary then 8-O

Gutted :pissedoff:[/QUOTE

Oooo. Don't get me started on that. How they ever managed to portray the 24th of Foot as the South Wales Borderers only God and the producers know.

Quoted from a reader's comment:

These men are being trained in EOD/IED, or bomb disposal to the unitiated. This is very different to being trained as an Ammunition Technical Officer. Personnel from all 3 Services undergo/underwent relatively short course to become EOD/IED trained, and have done for many years. At 4 months this new "short" course is longer than previous courses for non ATOs. Having done the old style "short" training personally I feel qualified to comment.

Read more: Bomb disposal rookies sent to Afghanistan after finishing a quarter of training course | Mail Online

Does this hold true??

'Course Hollywood gets it right. Next thing some of you fantasists will be claiming is that the Yanks didn't capture the enigma machine but someone else did - like the Brits .....

Or that John Wayne didn't tame the Wild West almost single handed .....

Isn't this the High Risk Search Course, open to all arms with a nice little bonus offered once you've passed and completed 1 tour as a HRSO and signed up for a second one?

Latest Threads