Please sponser me in the London Marathon

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by polar69, Mar 31, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In a blatent attempt to increase sponsorship I'd like to thank the 3 arrsers who have so far sponsored me for the Flora London Marathon this year

So ....

Whitenoisebabies, Dale the snail and Auld Yin thank you very much !!!!
  2. Letting people know what you are raising money for might even tip the balance...

edited to add:

or alternatively I could read the bottom of your entry :roll:

£5 from me Polar in penance (paypal to you?)
  3. Finally!
    I left a message on your blog spot asking where we could sponsor you

Done. I hope the run goes smoothly :-D
  4. Thank you Mr Flowers
  5. Cough, splutter, choke.... "Mr!!!??!?!" It's 'Miss' thankayouverrymuch!

Note to self: I might have to have a re-think about waxing my top lip... ;-)
  6. And thank you Private Pike for another generous donation
  7. And thank you dml57 , whoever you are

So to consolidate

I am running the London Marathon for the charity ARC, the Arthritis Research Campaign. The reason for the chosen charity is simple, the wife has really bad arthritis, so far she's had one hip replaced and is looking for another replacement this year. In a normal day she will consume enough painkillers and anti inflammetrys to fell a small elephant, I took one of her 30/500 mg cocodamols once for a headache ( by mistake ) and slept for a good few hours

But her story is by no means the worse, some sufferes cannot use their hands , some cannot even walk or use the bathroom.
    If I can raise some money by doing a 26.2 mile run then I can do "my bit" yes it will hurt but only for 4 hours or so, not a lifetime

So please sponsor me at my online page, its in my sig block
  8. £20 from me, you daft bugger :D

Good luck!
  9. Cheers mate, you are a gent !!
  10. Well I'd just like to pass on my heartfelt thanks to the following arrsers who sponsored me

Heavy Lift
    Private Pike
    Dale The Snail

It is a worthy cause, like all charitys I suppose. I don't often "give something back" to the great unwashed but with your help and the help of others not in the arrse community I will have raised in excess of £500. And thats not bad really is it !!

So April the 23rd 09:45 I'll be running in London with 39,999 other lunatics, if Sally Gunell asks me at Tower Bridge why I'm doing it I'll reply

"Cos the arrse made me "

Then I'll shag her
  12. And thanks to ScarySpice and Hellfyr !!!
  13. And IDONTNEEDAHAIRCUT , come on down !!!