Please sign online petition for Ulcerative Colitis Sufferers

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by scottishcammy, Nov 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is a quote from the online Govt. petition service, petitioning for free prescriptions for those diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis.
    If you agree, could you please click the link and sign it.
    Thanks to everyone who does :wink:

"Ulcerative colitis is lifelong chronic illness that requires lifelong medication, usually consisting of two or more ongoing prescriptions/medications. Cesation or reduction of such medication will in most cases lead to hospital admission and the requirement for surgery. There is no action that colitis sufferers can take to stop the illness and there is no discernable link between lifestyle and the disease. We would therefore suggest that it is only fair and proper that those diagnosed with colitis should receive free prescriptions for medications associated with their illness."

Govt. Petition.
  2. Hear,Hear

As mentioned by the Beatles.......

"The girl with colitis goes by................" :D
  3. Any more guys? We need as many as possible, cheers.
  4. Done. Missus has it. No back door action allowed.
  5. I think you can add me to the list too mate:)
  6. I won't sign this as it constitutes setting a precedent that will place a further strain on an already effectively bankrupt NHS.

I agree with the ethical sentiments that financially punishing someone for a genetic defect is wrong, however, the utilitarian argument leads me to believe that the greater good may be served by NOT putting this into legislation.
  7. I take it you are smashin soemone's back doors in then?
  8. Surely it would be better to confront the system where it is either corrupt, poorly managed or failing, thereby casuing the strain you mention, rather than simply accepting it and allowing this disparity to continue?

I believe it is better to try and change the system where it is wrong, and attack it there, than do nothing and tacitly attack the people who suffer because of it's failings.