please help?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by bigdave237, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello there, appreciate you having a look at this post as i am a noobie, basically i have failed my medical on the grounds of post natal depression i was diagnosed with by my stand in gp, i allowed the diagnosis to stand as at the time i didn't understand the complexitiy of proving my mental health state will latter inccur. I am going to my GP monday who will give me a waiver saying basically a week after i went into the doctors i was ok, i didn't need any time of work and was carrying on as usual, it wasnt servere depression very mild if that (maybe me feeling sorry for myself) as i had a one night stand only to find out i was then a father .... so it took me by suprise and i think i turned to having a few beers and this alerted my family as it was out of character for me to drink hence the doctors appointment.
    In short is there anything else i can do?
    If i write a letter myself, and also get one of my doctor is there anymore i can do?
    I completley understand the selection process, is needed to have a clean menal health as the job is stressful and they dont want me going tits up in afgan/wherever your needed but prior to this i have had not one mental health issue

thank guys!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. A man with post natal depression? I really have heard it all hahahahaha

• Like Like x 2
  3. HHH

HHH LE

He must really be a big girls blouse !

4. thats what i thought i have never heard of it before but just took the diagnosis :S

5. i dont no he just said that due to my change in character (ie heavy drinking) so soon after my sons birth that it had to be post natal depression but i didnt think men could get it?

6. thats what they said, me personally didnt feel any different at all :S hence why im asking for advice can see why it sounds daft thou

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.