please help?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by bigdave237, Apr 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello there, appreciate you having a look at this post as i am a noobie, basically i have failed my medical on the grounds of post natal depression i was diagnosed with by my stand in gp, i allowed the diagnosis to stand as at the time i didn't understand the complexitiy of proving my mental health state will latter inccur. I am going to my GP monday who will give me a waiver saying basically a week after i went into the doctors i was ok, i didn't need any time of work and was carrying on as usual, it wasnt servere depression very mild if that (maybe me feeling sorry for myself) as i had a one night stand only to find out i was then a father .... so it took me by suprise and i think i turned to having a few beers and this alerted my family as it was out of character for me to drink hence the doctors appointment.
    In short is there anything else i can do?
    If i write a letter myself, and also get one of my doctor is there anymore i can do?
    I completley understand the selection process, is needed to have a clean menal health as the job is stressful and they dont want me going tits up in afgan/wherever your needed but prior to this i have had not one mental health issue

thank guys!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. A man with post natal depression? I really have heard it all hahahahaha

• Like Like x 2
  3. HHH

HHH LE

He must really be a big girls blouse !

4. thats what i thought i have never heard of it before but just took the diagnosis :S

5. i dont no he just said that due to my change in character (ie heavy drinking) so soon after my sons birth that it had to be post natal depression but i didnt think men could get it?

6. thats what they said, me personally didnt feel any different at all :S hence why im asking for advice can see why it sounds daft thou

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.