Please Help the Welsh Rugby Team

paveway_3 said:
Dear WRU
Please could you help me.I am a serving Welsh soldier that has to put up with abuse nearly year due to Wales putting on a poor show in the 6 nations. I know player for player the Welsh team is as good as any other team in the world,yet for some reason the TEAM is pants. Last year was a major let down however this year things havent been as bad.This is due to the fact that my major tormentors tend to be England fans.For some reason this year they have all gone quiet.I would be very grateful if the Welsh Rugby Team could pull out all the stops and destroy England this year at Cardiff.I know the Italy game will be the challenge in our remaining games,as England are as pants as Wales are, but the enjoyment my welsh pals and I would have beating England would make the let down of the 6 nations so far a little less stressful.
I share your "suffering", if not your punctuation. But it'll be a cold day in the Valleys before England are as "pants" as Wales ... or as insufferably sanctimonious about the game.

And will the BBC please kill that squeaky Welsh "expert/former player" who has the world's most irritating voice. Williams? Edwards? Griffiths? Jones? Davies? That's covered about 90% of the population, then!

Perhaps the "team" and "supporters" would perform better if they resisted the temptation to:
a. Burst into song at every opportunity.
b. Score fewer points than the other team.

Just a thought. ... ;-)

you need to undrstand that in Wales its NOT a game,its a religion and the singing is simply hymns! :)

paveway_3 said:
Well we shall see then.Didnt take long to get a bite from an England fan. Even if his grammer is spot on.
My spelling's not bad either ...
Didn't
Grammar

And my playing days are long gone, leaving the heritage of 2 bu**ered knees and a weak back. Ah, the joys of playing at 8.

Anyway, looking forward to watching the game .. as always. It certainly can't be worse than that fiasco in Ireland!

bigbird67 said:
you need to undrstand that in Wales its NOT a game,its a religion and the singing is simply hymns! :)
My dear lady, the religious aspect is well understood ... and some of the singing is quite good ... but it's REALLY only a fu**ing game! Or, at least, it was before it went bludgy professional, dammit!

calm down sweetie,you'll do yourself a damage!! It is,as you rightly say,only a game :)

bigbird67 said:
calm down sweetie,you'll do yourself a damage!! It is,as you rightly say,only a game :)
I'm calm ... I'm English!

I just hate to seeing the chaps doing badly. Just not on, that sort of thing, don't y'know. Dammned poor show, wouldn't have happened if Jeeps had been playing!

blue_sophist said:
bigbird67 said:
I'm calm ... I'm English!

I just hate to seeing the chaps doing badly. Just not on, that sort of thing, don't y'know. Dammned poor show, wouldn't have happened if Jeeps had been playing!
Erm Spelling?

Latest Threads