Please help someone

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by down_under, Dec 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am one of the unfortunates who has recently gotten windows vista and I am at my wits end. I have vista business and my problem is: when playing a media file it'll stall, freeze and so on, then I get an advice box that says Driver R300 has experienced a problem. Well I'll give it a fecking problem soon when I put it in the fish tank. All I wanna do is play iTunes vids, windows media movies etc, but this fecking :evil: system won't comply. Can someone pleeese help with advsing what to download to rectify. Thanks fellas :?

3. Agreed. This can be a right royal pain in the but-tocks. Your solution is correct, BTW. Had experience of this myself. Good drills. Carry on.

4. another thing you can do is format and revert to XP - my microsoft magazine that gets sent to my work tells me they are bringing out a service pack 3 sometime in the new year :)

5. msr

msr LE

Which antivirus are you using?

Try disabling it and see if that cures the problem.

msr

6. My bold, Vista for business?? they didn't expect there business customers to want to watch films :)

Try this: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Codec-Packs-Video-Codecs/Advanced-Vista-Codec-Package.shtml

7. Stick it in the fish tank - then buy a Mac :thumright:

I've never had a problem running i-tunes on mine :D :D :D

8. Try using a decent media player, see if the problem is with media player

http://www.videolan.org - VLC Player, plays everything (including .mkv) right out of the box, and its free

9. I decided to feck off the the troublesome compac presario piece of shite and got myself a better laptop. Xmas deals are the go at the moment, so I think I'll flog of the old one to some poor unfortunate so they can deal with it. :twisted: Thanks for the advice fellas, but I went the easy way out.