Please HELP ME OUT? thanx

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by uk7867, Dec 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. im due to start basic next month,and i've started to get shin splints in my lower left leg. just wondering what would i get discharged in basic? if it gets really realy bad.
    or if it stays like now were i can still run on it would i still get discharged?
    im going infantry

2. is it really shin splinits....or just sore legs???

lay off running for a couple of weeks, get in the gym and do some low / non-impact CV and see what happens?

shin-splints gets bandied around all too often, its a very specific medical condition

3. but my point is will i get discharged? i know its shin splints

4. And you know this how exactly?

5. If you are having problems before you join things are only going to get worse. Once you add weight and boots to runs/tabs then it will be much worse than anything you are doing now.

On the subject of Training, I dont know how you would stand if you were to arrive with an injury. Had you been injured during training then the Army would have a liability and an interest in getting you fixed up and through training. Sometimes that would mean a 'holding' Platoon until you were fit enough to continue.

Best thing is speak to your recruiting staff, maybe better for all if you could delay a few weeks and rest up.

6. I'd rest that leg up and lay off the running ... maybe crack on with the swimming not really any other options. Goodluck!

7. Everyone gets niggling pains in an active life style, shin splints would be pretty darn painful, but you can still crack on with some lower impact excercise. You could get discharged if it was a recurring injury and there was no real sign of you getting any better, or just backsquadded depending on the armies rehabilitation policy surrounding your injury, however that's down to the relevant medical staff to decide.

#1 rule, don't self diagnose.