Please help me find my brother

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by BCDahling, Nov 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I don't know if anyone can help me, but I'm kinda desperate.
    My dad was in the RUC when he was killed - his name is Erik Clarke and he died on 17th september 1991. My dad has three children, all through different women, and I'm trying to find my brother and sister.
    I don't have any names or ages - all I know is that my brother is older (I'm 22), and my sister is younger.
    If there's anyone who knew my dad and has any information I'd be really grateful. My family only know as much as I do, and I really don't know how to go about trying to find my siblings.

Thanks in advance

2. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Have you tried PSNI HR? they might well have records of next of kin etc. I would be surprised if they give you any details but they might be able to pass on a message?

3. It’s a long shot but have you tried the PSNI Federation. Web Page Name I believe they still manage the RUC benevolent fund. They may have some details of your late father's other dependants.

4. BCD I remember that attack in Derry in '91. Check your personal messages.

5. Welcome to Arrse, BCD.

I am sorry to hear of your situation. You could try contacting the Salvation Army; they have a family tracing service.

The alternative is to try using the records, alhough if your father refused to acknowledge the child, he will not be registered as the father, and any searches will fail.

My first question would be: did your father allow his details to be registered on your birth certificate"

Second question: in which country would the births have been registered?

Third question: did he leave a will?

Litotes

6. Thanks, and no I haven't tried any of that. Absolutely no idea of how to go about these things, other than go on the Jeremy Kyle show o_O lol. My family aren't much help and to be honest it's been bothering me for years.

7. Litotes - thank's for the tip, never even thought of sallyann...

Yep, my dad is on my birth certificate, and it has Germany on mine. As for a will, no idea.

8. If he is registered on your certificate, it is likely that he will be registered on the other certificates. Famous last words....

Now, it depends on where you think your siblings were born; Scotland is on-line; England isn't, although you could try www.1837online.com. NI - no idea. Search the records for his name as the father. If they aren't on-line, you will have to visit and the Records Office and check the indices. Then you buy the certificates.

Alternatively, you have the date of death; in England and Wales, you can visit High Holborn (London) and search the will indices. Scotland - no idea. NI - no idea. Use Google. If a will was registered, you will be able to purchase a copy and see what it says.

Litotes

9. Hi. I hope you still have access to this forum. my name is Nigel and my father was Erik Clarke and he died on 17th september 1991.
    please PM me or whatever if you receive this.

10. Why the sad face, is it because you've just seen the message about 9 months late?

If you click on his name you can send a private message & he'll get an email notification that he has a message waiting. Be careful what you reveal until you're sure everything is genuine tho'.

11. This is really weird. I started this thread 3 years ago, and it looks like I *might* have found my brother. Seen a pic of my dad... I genuinly don't know what to say. Arrse brings the world together lol

• Like Like x 11
  12. Good for you, as we are nosey buggers keep us updated

• Like Like x 1
  13. We then proceed to kick the shit out of each other over our keyboards.

Well done though!!!!

• Like Like x 4