Please help identify...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by cahk, Dec 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is a bit of a guess but, probably like the 'International Police Task Force' as found in Bosnia I am guessing. They volunteer from all UK constabularies and off they go.
    You could look the police ranks up on Wikipedia. Theres an inspector, a chief inspector and a superintendant in there I think.

2. Police training and liason team.I think

3. Thanks - I am actually trying to figure out what's written on the 'logo' (ie. the standard police crest) on the epaulettes to try and figure out where they come from...

4. MOD police or MODPOL - mod plod as we called em.. basically british coppers working for the MOD same as the french ones but mostly seen on RAF bases in uk. linky
    Hope that clears it up for you.

5. They are civvi police officers seconded to the likes of Iraq etc as advisors to the IPF. There's a few PSNI lads out there atm doing this.

6. A question: I've been reading the MOD Police site and am now wondering what is the difference (apart from the general policing role) between the Mod police and the Military Provost Guard Service? Both seem to have identical security roles in guarding military installations.

7. Not sure who or what they are,but men with guns,so close to Bliar,missed opportunity?

8. The MPGS comprises regular soldiers employed on a MilitaryLocal ServiceEngagment that is restriced to the UK.AllMPGS have previous service , and can stay until 55, there are approx 1745 personnel

9. The MOD police are just that.

The MPGS are classed as serving soldiers and are accomodated in service accomodation and have all the other benefits.

MOD Plod work for the MOD but are in effect 'civilians'.

10. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Police and guns round Blair usally means an N.D. or they lose the fukcing thing
    Pity no one has "accidently" shot him

11. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

MoD Police are regular police officers, and part of the civilian police establishment, with all the powers and authority of any other police force. They work, mostly, on military establishments or MoD property, but can operate outside of that brief.
    There is also the Atomic Energy police, who are the only full time armed police. (if they still exist, I'm out of date on this).

12. International policing is run by the MDP on behlaf of the FCO. However, all serving and in some cases retired officers can apply. Of course many posts require the officer to be armed, thus those in them tend to be either MDP or PSNI whom are all fire arms trained. However, I have come across plenty from other forces in non-armed roles such as training and liasion / mentoring roles.

The metal insignia worn on the eppilets (sp) is a standard style UK police badge (a 6 pointed star with the upper pint replaced with the crown) The centre is the royal cypher EIIR. The words are United Kingdom Police Service.

13. The three fully armed Uk police forces are, MDP, PSNI and CNC

The Civil Nuclear Constabulary are the re-branded United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority Constabulary.

Q. Why do CNC officers not get issued hi-vist jackets?

A. They do not need them as they glow in the dark by themselves.

Boom Boom!

14. The MPGS are regular serving soldiers all be it on a MLSE contract, They were introduced to allow the MDP to concentrate on their roll as Police Officers. The MPGS have now developed into the premier armed guarding service for the forces, and now have 2000ish men serving on bases across all three services, allowing service manpower to be used in trade and not do routine guarding. They are still growing and should eventualy guard all UK Land sites.