Please help - boyfriend is depressed

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by flondon88, Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ...............................................

2. Get him to speak to his MO (Doctor). Failing that, the Padre. There are lots of routes available to him.

Failing that, tell him to sign off. If he wants out then it's a safer option that going AWOL, and he'll get some sort of resettlement, instead of a jail sentence.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Has he said why he is depressed to you? (We don't need to know on here the actual reason). Has he contacted his welfare department? Has he signed off?

Start with his unit welfare. They will be used this kind of thing, and have the systems in place to manage it. Also, if he tes the job, he should put his papers in, and strt the process to leave.

4. Depressed you say? I'm 'effin threadders and i've been serving a lot longer than 4 years!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Going AWOL is most definitely not an option; he effectively becomes a fugitive and will be caught. As already mentioned above, go onto JPA and sign off. I've heard many say that the simple act of crossing the threshold and clicking the button lifts a weight off your shoulders. But still speak to someone.

6. This is in the infantry section - so that was a given.

• Like Like x 8
  7. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

Better he be jobless and a free man than run the risk of prison and more mental anguish - help him out first look at his career path second

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. Under the early release scheme he can be out in 3 months...

9. So it's a no win situation. Get him to speak to his doctor, and explain how he feels. Get him to take it further if he's not happy.

10. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

So what your asking for is advice that helps your boyfriend but keeps him in a job that is possibly contributing to his mental health worries?

Being unemployed is a challenge but it's not unsurmountable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. H3

H3 LE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.