Please don't shoot down the drones

The bounties a most amusing way of protesting about the prospect of being droned.
Although the temptation to blast an unmanned aerial drone out of the sky may be overwhelming for residents of Deer Trail, Colo., the Federal Aviation Administration would like to remind them that doing so could result in prosecution and fines. Less than a week after the town council of Deer Trail considered issuing licenses to bounty hunters to bring in full or partial aerial drones for cash, the killjoys over at the FAA issued a statement saying, "Shooting at an unmanned aircraft could result in criminal or civil liability, just as would firing at a manned airplane." However, some residents, like Phillip Steel, say the FAA "doesn't have the power to make a law."
Now if you deliberately shoot down police/federal agency property I think the FAA would not actually have to make any new laws. If you are real lucky you'll just get treated the same as some kid caught vandalizing a CCTV camera.

Too funny. On the antiaircraft thing....how on earth did they get a license for it?! Insane is right. I would like to have a go on it though.

Too funny. On the antiaircraft thing....how on earth did they get a license for it?! Insane is right. I would like to have a go on it though.
It is a Class III weapon (just 4 .50 cals together--each "licensed" individually) under the National Firearms Act that can be owned by any US citizen (assuming the state in which he or she lives also allows it) who passes a background check and pays the requisite $200 excise stamp on each gun.

It also helps to be rich as a Ma Deuce with tripod goes for about $20K+.

Latest Threads