Please don't respond to spammers

I tried the Slug's way of dealing with the Chicom Spam bots and much to my surprise, it works. Whenever the attack starts and the board fills up with ting tong characters, I simply click on the current user name that the spam bot has adopted and set it to be ignored. Then I refresh the page and hey presto, all the posts with ting-tong characters are gone. Who knew? Kudos to the shiny arrse for thinking up a way to deal with the Chicom spam bots that infest our board over the nighttime until the grown-ups figure out a more permanent solution. :mrgreen::salut:

View attachment 342976
Works a treat. It's like they were never here.

They're bloody everywhere!

Top tip to unclog your screen of ching chong heeyaa: Ignore the user. Refresh screen. Bing! Chicken flie lice gone.

You, young lady, are brilliant. It works. Bless you, Thank you.

CO's can you award the lady an ARRSE Cross for service to ARRSE above and beyond the call of duty.

The hackers are clever. I would like to know if they could show me Hillary's 30,000 deleted emails!

More seriously the hackers seem to have no realistic goal. Chinese ads on an English language make no sense. Could they be seeking some sort of backdoor into user accounts.

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
The hackers are clever. I would like to know if they could show me Hillary's 30,000 deleted emails!

More seriously the hackers seem to have no realistic goal. Chinese ads on an English language make no sense. Could they be seeking some sort of backdoor into user accounts.
They don't care. It is all about promoting their websites or their actives to the top of search engines to maximize their profit.

View attachment 343261

@Good CO @Bad CO @Guns
Weirdly when I right clicked on the avtar it came up with @DesktopCommando who definitely is not producing these messages, so there seems to be something odd going on beyond just the spam. Looks like an attempt to hijack existing acounts! I flagged up a similar event recently. https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/t...spond-to-spammers.80357/page-441#post-8689607

Below is a screen grab to explain what I mean. Looks like an attept to hijack an account. If they can do that , what else can they do?

View attachment 343262

View attachment 343263
It’s because I replied after reporting them to let others know it was done -now can I interest you in Ladyboy University ?

As a matter of interest (I'm not trawling through 444 pages to check) is there a purpose to spamming this site relentlessly?

I get the idea for adverising but equally appreciate it can be usely maliciously as people tend to reject the promoted product of the spam. I also understand it can be used to bring down servers, used as clickbait to hack user accounts for identity theft due to password duplicity, etc., but this latest bout of spam seems pointless given the dwell time to deletion.

Cheers. One can only assume they must need to register on hundeds of sites and make thousands of decoy posts before postiing a url and then several more thousand before someone inadvertantly clicks on a url.

Appreciate they must employ bots where possible but the conversion of effort to revenue must be piss poor. I use a database of about twenty odd mickey mouse questions for those wishing to register and don't let users post urls until they've made a good number of posts. I also have no qualms blocking IP addresses from entire countries that contribute nothing but spam, it seems to limit novichok attacks.

Possibly this site's high Google rating and volume of contributors makes it more attractive and worth the effort.

Latest Threads