Please could someone clarify? (AGAI 67 Major Sanction)

Discussion in 'Military Discipline' started by Tubbyboy, May 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

Obviously this is a hypothetical question involving a friend, yes definitely a friend - not me at all...

My "friend" has just been awarded a Formal Interview and Blameworthy Removal from Post. My question is just to clarify a couple of things as I've been told conflicting stories.

Firstly, is anything attached to the SJAR file?

Secondly, how long is the attachment for (if it happens)? I've been told both 3 and 5 years.

From my own reading of the AGAI it seems that the directed letter should be attached to my P file for 3 years and not touch my SJAR book at all. Is this right or am I being a comprehension mong?

The AGAI seems fairly simple and I cannot believe that it can be so badly interepreted by so many apparently intelligent people.

Many thanks,

2. I thought that Major AGAI action can be mentioned in your SJAR for a certain period?
  3. Just give them the old handshake and you'll be fine.
  4. Mentioned on my SJAR is fine by me, I fucked up and have to take the lumps as they come.

However, I just want to know the time scales involved.

5. Wow, how did you figure that I'm a Mason? You must be some sort of Clouseau-esque super sleuth!

6. I thought that the instruction gives the timescales?
  7. That's what I thought too but I would welcome any input from someone who knows the AGAI system better than I do!

8. I think the unit have been a little inconsistent in giving a Formal Interview with a Removal from appointment but you (your friend) could hardly argue for a more severe sanction.

As far as the recording is concerned the Sanction (Formal Interview) goes on his unit docs for 3 years and is kept on his Glasgow P File permanently. Neither of these will be seen by promotion boards.

The record of the removal however will go on the annual report file in Glasgow for 3 years because it was a Formal Interview.
  9. Thanks, that's how I read it but some people were mentioning a 5 year timescale (which I thought applied to more serious sanctions). There are reasons for the relatively light sanction but I won't go into them here.

And no, my "friend" won't be arguing for a heavier sanction...

Thanks again,