Please can we have a separate forum for War Pensions

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Ancient_Hush_Puppy, Feb 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am writing to ask that War Pensions and Armed Forces Compensation Scheme (AFCS) be given a dedicated forum separate from Charities and Welfare. War Pensions and and AFCS are not charity nor are they welfare in the accepted sense of social security and its overtones of scrounging off the state. You may agree with me that if separated out, and previous threads cut and pasted on to provide a history, such a board could grow into one of the more popular forums.

2. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Don't really agree BCO. People with War Pension queries post both there & in the Charities & Welfare Forum, plus occasionally in their arm specific forum as War Pensions aren't really signposted that well.
    Whilst I don't agree that separate forum is required, signposting people to one particular forum would help.
    The RHQ Forum to me always seems to be aimed at serving personnel rather than the ex-service community.

4. I agree. I have no problems with AFCS/War Pension issues being in Charities and Welfare but IMHO, I do think there should be TWO stickies instead of just the one.

The first, which of course is already in place, would allow Hitback to carry on the excellent work and a newly created sticky would be the place for more general AFCS/War Pensions queries and discussion.

Many queries tend to be along the same lines and rather than butting in on Hitback's thread, people tend to start a new thread. These threads don't tend to last long and once they fall off the radar, then along comes someone else with the same (or very similar) query and starts yet another new thread and so on.

It would be much easier with two stickies rather than one sticky and dozens of threads and it would hopefully cut down on much of the duplication. The search facility is a wonderful thing but not everybody knows how/can be bothered to use it. And as oldbaldy said, whatever ends up there in the end, will have to be much better signposted.