• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

PLeas for the love of God

PLEASE, why am I being shouted at by AHOY CHIPS, every single page I go to it's th e same shout out.......please guys is there anything you can do, it's bloody ridiculous, I'm even listening to it as I write this!!!!

Why post this again? Search for 'shouty ads' on the top right of the screen; it's been discussed at length.

Or turn your speakers off.
Great idea when I'm listening to other stuff. WHY the fcuk should I be subjected to this shouty shit.........?Bris, new to this site however if it's an issue then it should have been sorted - clearly not on my system and I even get it on the main menu page.

Why post this again? Search for 'shouty ads' on the top right of the screen; it's been discussed at length.
And maybe I'm at the end of my tether being shouted at about ******* chips mate.

Cheers mate, now stop shouting at me as you're at the back of the queue after AHOY FCUKIN CHIPS :)

And, to add insult....never ever ever seen AHOY CHIPS so couldn't buy them even if I wanted to!!!

Nail two pencils, to a depth of approximately 4 inches, in to each ear.

Thanks Snail... will this guarantee no AHOY CHIPS!!!
It worked for me.

@Ceres did some magic with his machine as well the other day so that he didn't get the pop up ads.

I don't understand all this jiggerypokery internet stuff. I've got a pink laptop. I press a button and it does things.

Unless it's sulking. Which is normally 5 mins before Pointless is due to start. @AlienFTM

Thanks snail appreciated, if @Ceres can give me a shout that would be great. Incredibly annoying as my speakers are normally up at full volume for editing work and I tend to shit a womble when getting screamed at at 500 decibels in an otherwise empty house!

Disable Flash.
How you do that depends on your browser.

If that doesn't work you might have a virus.

It now seems to have gone........I disabled FlashShockWave the other day as it kept crashing pages however it all seems quiet now. Visted a couple of pages without being abused.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
If you'd spent the last 30 years in IT, 20 of them with internet access, you'd have the sound turned off so that nobody else knew you were on Arrse .

If I spent the last 30 years in IT I probably wouldn't have anybody in my social circle who would care what I was doing....... In the States I'd be the wierdo in the corner waiting to go postal.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bravo_Bravo The NAAFI Bar 12
Bravo_Bravo Infantry 28
W The NAAFI Bar 417