PLCE

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by ajm, Sep 22, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ajm

ajm

Hi,

Does anyone know of a site (or store) that stocks all the products that PLCE makes (i.e. bergans webbing etc) because some special kit is very hard to get hold of. (basically i'm looking for a site that sells all the things that are issued to UK forces as I am searching for a specific bergan).

Thanks

2. There are loads of surplus sites on the web, ebay is a good place once you know what you are looking for as there is always lots of stuff for sale.

I personally wouldn't bother with Silverman's, they may have a huge stock but there prices are ridiculous!!! :roll:

3. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

You could always just indent for it through the QM... But then you'd have to join the army first.

4. msr

msr LE

Is this an issue item?

[​IMG]

Cheers,
    msr

5. What are you looking for? I might have one in my garage. Oooh i mean store.

6. What are you looking for? I might have one in my garage. Oooh i mean store.

7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

MSR, I think it is a day sack and issued to teethy armed folk - not seen it in my old Regt. and we had very sharp teeth but I've seen loads of them about particularly with some Queens Div chaps - so many it indicated to me that they had it on issue though of course Regt. funds could have bought a bulk issue.

The two jetpacks tied together are an abortion for carrying anything useful and once you've popped your waterproof bags in there very little space.

8. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Old-Salt Moderator

There is a very good issue daysack available but it is issued only to certain units, I think only infantry and SF. If you have access to one of those types of units, you could get a mate to 'lose' one for you, and you pay him the P1954 cost. Not that I acquired mine that way, of course... :D

Alternatively, you could also look at Karrimor's excellent range of bergens (ignore the fact that they look pants in olive drab - the DPM ones are top quality - and yes, they're Infra Red Reflectant)

http://www.karrimor-sf.com/

9. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

i have TWO inf bergans doing nothing in my room (one was given to me by a mate who left, and the other was "aquired" when an opportunity presented itsself! :D

10. Lowe Alpine have recently come out with a DPM daysack, and it's the absolute dogs danglers. They're also now doing their largest military bergan in DPM, very nice but fitted out for MOLLE/ALICE attachments rather than PLCE.

Lowe make the best off the peg ruckys in the world IMHO.

11. So, are you offering them, or just tantalising the poor fellow with them?

12. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

depends on weather someone makes me an offer for one or both of them