PLCE web gear/mag pouches issued for Sterling SMG?

Hi, I was just wondering if there was a piece of PLCE web gear specific for the Sterling SMG magazines, I know that there was a 58 pattern double pouch, but was there anything similar for PLCE? If not, did the sterling mags just fit standard SLR/SA80 PLCE pouches? Or were they just carried in pockets and stuff?

Hi, I was just wondering if there was a piece of PLCE web gear specific for the Sterling SMG magazines, I know that there was a 58 pattern double pouch, but was there anything similar for PLCE? If not, did the sterling mags just fit standard SLR/SA80 PLCE pouches? Or were they just carried in pockets and stuff?
PLCE = Webbing for SA80

SA80 = No more SMG

Simple.

You may close this thread.

sA80 = 1987
PLCE = 1988

You may have been the back end of issue for either.
SA80 and PLCE were issued to Demo Bn (IIRC) in 1984, if not earlier. My Bn had SA80 by summer 1986, possibly the year before.

I ran 2x SWDIST SAAMs (1984 and 1985) both of which featured infantry armed with SA80 and wearing PLCE.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
If you really need carrying eqpt for the SMG there's someone this site that might sell you a vest.

ugly

LE
>PLCE = Webbing for SA80
>SA80 = No more SMG
But PLCE was issued before the SA80
Indeed it was, we trialled it in 1982 and 1985, as an 84 man during the 1985 trials I opted out as there wasn't an SMG option. The 1982 trials were worse, there wasn't an SLR mag option, the pouches were of two fitting arrangements, three vertically fixed horizontally mounted 30 rd AR type pouches on the front straps of each yoke and something more traditional. The pouches were filled with weight substitutes and AR15 rifles were issued but no magazines!

No I have no idea why!

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Indeed it was, we trialled it in 1982 and 1985, as an 84 man during the 1985 trials I opted out as there wasn't an SMG option. The 1982 trials were worse, there wasn't an SLR mag option, the pouches were of two fitting arrangements, three vertically fixed horizontally mounted 30 rd AR type pouches on the front straps of each yoke and something more traditional. The pouches were filled with weight substitutes and AR15 rifles were issued but no magazines!

No I have no idea why!
Remember seeing an earlier cotton duck (?) green set which had 3 x single mag pouches on each side, though these only held the 20 rd mags.
Might be worth something to the webbing freaks now.