PLCE Dayack Yoke

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by fahya, Feb 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. help i have purchased a web tex day sack yoke that you can attatch bergean side bags to. I have no idea how puts on
    can someone help please

Attached Files:

2. Are you an Army cadet? If you are, take it along to your det and ask one of the AIs or cadet NCOs to show you how its done. The yoke can be fitted on both pouches or even just one pouch, but the method of fitting is different for both and really defies description here

If your an air cadet, however, your probably fcuked. (and what do you need it for anyway. You don't do fieldcraft or anything warry?)

And finally, Don't ever again buy webtex. Its utter, utter shite, particularly anything that is load bearing. Also if you shop around on t'internet, you can get new issue kit for slightly more, or even less than that webtex ****!

3. what i am asking is how the arm straps work do the connect to the belt and how?

4. the bit the line points to on the photo where does that attatch to?

5. They don't. However the down straps on the front of the yoke may have a male clip on them, that will fit into the female clip on top of your webbing pouches.

But when you want to ditch the pack quickly, its just more faffing about with clips that don't give you any security or support, so don't do it.

6. ATC can do fieldcraft, still plagued by Health and Safety sh*t. Nothing that resembles a gun and no military tatics etc so to put it simple, Its still a pile of w*nk to be honest :)

7. The straps that go over your shoulders should clip on to the bottom of the daysack (I think?) - though that may be a complete lie as I've not used one since I got my lurrrrverly patrol pack.

8. I thought that line was the Booty's antenna. Anyway, that doesnt attach to anything. Its just a loop for hanging another accessory off, like a right angle torch, cyalume, pace counter etc. Or you can loop the drinking tube of your camelbak through it.

9. No the cord with the clip comming off that
    Where does it go

And by the way i am ccf

10. and we do lots of feild craft

11. Zip the side pouches together, lie them on there back with clips facing you. Place yoke on with long shoulder straps upper most, then use the relevent clips in that region, the end of shoulder straps attach to the bottom clips of side pouches.

12. Obviously not loads of spelling though!

13. tanks

14. God give me strength! A future Rupert. :x

You were doing well until you told me you were CCF.

Talk to your instructors, for the love of god, please :x

(and stop bunking off the English classes. Your parents are paying a lot to put you in that school, laddie)

15. I'll try to explain, though it is a bit difficult without having hands-on.

Single Rocket Pouch

1. Lay the yoke on the floor with the straps spread as shown in the picture.

2. Place the Rocket Pouch on top of the yoke with the zip end at the top.

3. Fit the inner shoulder clips of the yoke into the clips at the top of the Rocket Pouch.

4. Turn the whole lot over.

5. The straps that fit onto the front shoulders of the yoke may not be attached or they may have been attached wrongly. The clip that is part way along the strap (and has a loose length of strap running through it) fits into the clip at the end of the front shoulder pad with the loose length of strap exiting from the uppermost part of the buckle.

6. Making sure that the straps aren't twisted, connect the clips that are at the end of the straps into the clips at the bottom of the Rocket Pouch.

7. Thread the belt part of the yoke through the loops on the part of the Rocket Pouch that rests against your back.

8. Adjust buckles to suit.

Double Rocket Pouch

1. Lay the yoke on the floor with the straps spread as shown in the picture.

2. Zip the Rocket Pouches together. (Once! :) )

3. Place the Rocket Pouches on top of the yoke with the zip-opening end at the top.

3. Fit the inner shoulder clips of the yoke into the inner clips at the top of the Rocket Pouches.

4. Fit the outer shoulder clips of the yoke onto the outer clips of the Rocket Pouches.

5. Turn the whole lot over.

6. Fit the clips on the bottom of the yoke mesh panel into the two inner clips at the bottom of the Rocket Pouches.

7. The straps that fit onto the front shoulders of the yoke may not be attached or they may have been attached wrongly. The clip that is part way along the strap (and has a loose length of strap running through it) fits into the clip at the end of the front shoulder pad with the loose length of strap exiting from the uppermost part of the buckle.

8. Making sure that the straps aren't twisted, connect the clips that are at the end of the straps into the remaining (outer) clips at the bottom of the Rocket Pouch.

9. Thread the belt part of the yoke through the loops on the part of the Rocket Pouch that rests against your back. Each half of the belt will go through two loops.

10. Adjust buckles to suit.

With both fittings, there are ways that you can further attach this lot to your webbing/belt, but as w-o-t-w says, it's not worth bothering with.

Now thinking, I must have missed off some important bit.....