PLCE 1990? OG Webbing Ammo pouches to Belt fixture?

Using a small screwdriver or similar (preferably less pointy/more blunter) tool placed inside the little sleeve where you want the open ends of the clips to sit, to get the leverage necessary to bend the belt, was my preference, right from about Week 1 in Cadets, aged 14 (over a half-century ago, BTW) :-D
90's webbing 50 years ago, time cop cadets?
:p

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
90's webbing 50 years ago, time cop cadets?
:p
38 pattern. Same fitting as used in everything up to 58 patt belts - and wotever that was in your photo. Metal clipses into little fabric sleeveses.

WIth the aid of a little simple mechanicses.

And common senses.

Come to think of it, same fitting as Tommy was wearing in the Great War, only his waist belt was about twice the width.

loony

Old-Salt
Do you not remember from the time you served prior to discharge?

No. DKPH didnt issue kit or sharpies.

Or your time in the cadets

No. I didnt Nick anything from cadets although they had an awesome selection of kit. Damn.

Last edited:

loony

Old-Salt
38 pattern. Same fitting as used in everything up to 58 patt belts - and wotever that was in your photo. Metal clipses into little fabric sleeveses.

WIth the aid of a little simple mechanicses.

And common senses.
Still crapses though.

loony

Old-Salt
I dunno.

We've not won a war since they went out of service.

Draw your own conclusions :-D
HAHA very true, they should really be in a museum. Tabs are the way forward because knowing my luck ill break the flippn brass bit anyway.

JackSofty

War Hero
I recall that my first issue of OG PLCE had the keepers, Velcro and press-studs as well as the single and seemingly superfluous and ill-fitting brass hook.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

I recall that my first issue of OG PLCE had the keepers, Velcro and press-studs as well as the single and seemingly superfluous and ill-fitting brass hook.

Can't remember those.

Brasshook was always with fixed loops or a studded flap about three inches long with two studs. There might have been a strip of ineffectual velcro along the edge with the studs, maybe a cm wide.

I think the former were for ammo and utility pouches and the latter on water bottle and resi pouches.

Velcro and studs were with the plastic t-pieces.

Maybe a short lived increment?

JackSofty

War Hero
Quite possibly as this was either late 1990 or early 1991. I remember us bunging our perfectly customised '58 webbing into stores & carrying out an armful of plastic stuff.
A 'delegated' Lance-Jack then explained (made it up as he went along) how it went together and that it should not EVER be altered or customised on instruction from Brigade which was heeded for about 3/10ths of a second.

Quite possibly as this was either late 1990 or early 1991. I remember us bunging our perfectly customised '58 webbing into stores & carrying out an armful of plastic stuff.
A 'delegated' Lance-Jack then explained (made it up as he went along) how it went together and that it should not EVER be altered or customised on instruction from Brigade which was heeded for about 3/10ths of a second.

We got ours just prior to a Falklands tour in 1990. No instruction on how to assemble it, we were told to just get on with it. It was of great interest to everyone down there, the other units were still on '58 pattern. The RAF just asked "webbing, what's that?"
We were still on green PLCE at demo battalion, mid nineties. Some of the battalions coming through had DPM, this would be 93-94. We got DPM when we moved to Catterick.

Latest Threads