PLCE 1990? OG Webbing Ammo pouches to Belt fixture?

loony

Old-Salt
Good afternoon Mass debaters,

As in the photo, can anyone explain how these brass Clips should fit to the webbing belt?
as there are no T tabs to slip into the belt to secure the pouches as on the DPM versions.

Or is that the wrong belt for that Olive green webbing?

Thank you

4(T)

LE
Good afternoon Mass debaters,

As in the photo, can anyone explain how these brass Clips should fit to the webbing belt?
as there are no T tabs to slip into the belt to secure the pouches as on the DPM versions.

Or is that the wrong belt for that Olive green webbing?

Thank you

I think you've got the wrong belt. The pouch is evidently designed for a P'37/P'58 type of belt with the keeper slots open at both ends.

loony

Old-Salt
Thanks, what belt should I be looking for? link would be splendid:thumleft:

If you look at the vertical, slightly puffy bit on the inside of the belt you will see it has an opening at the top and bottom; the clip fits in it.

loony

Old-Salt
Appreciate what your saying but the clips are just too loose in the belt pictured.

4T is right, I have a 58 belt here and it would be a much better fit. unfortunately some genius has cut off the rear loops for the yoke.

I remember now because they A mutha to get the clips in the 58 style belt with my namby civvy hands.

What is a SAS?

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
It's the right belt, the clips were never a good fit. A good bending with my trusty leatherman made it all better.

Boxy

GCM
It's the right belt, the clips were never a good fit. A good bending with my trusty leatherman made it all better.
Seconded, it’s the correct belt, just like most stuff, a bit pants

loony

Old-Salt
Bent the belt lower hole then force in the top.
Could you measure yout brass clip top to bottom in mm as close as possible? being a nerd but i wonder if my clips are bent because the pouches got yanked off when they became surplus and stretched the brass.

Errrrm, not for the ‘90 pattern stuff
I was referring to his '58 belt he'd found.

"I have a 58 belt here and it would be a much better fit. unfortunately some genius has cut off the rear loops for the yoke. "

Last edited:

loony

Old-Salt
yep size matters. several of mine are about 5mm longer so a reshape should cure it.

Thankyou everyone for your help with this.

Let Belt order/Webbing knowledge battle commence.......

Latest Threads