playing-toy-soldiers-look-real

Discussion in 'Photography' started by No_Duff, Oct 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Look real? Them ****'s are breaking the skyline all over the shop!

In all honesty it's a bit amatureish tbh, something a 12yr old could knock up.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I quite like it.

As a new concept, it could lead to better and more accurate pictures being made in this style.

3. I'm not exactly impressed by the photos myself either but hats off for ingenuity.

WWI trench scenes though? Someone needs to tell Marty McFly to **** off in his armoured car.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Novel idea. I used to make 35mm Tamiya model based dioramas and was always looking for different ways to photograph them.

This bloke just looks like he has unpacked a packet of plastic soldiers though.

5. The flying sparks, smoke and searing flashes of light illuminating them have all been created with real bomb-making equipment

So why isn't he under arrest for possession of explosives etc? If I was messing around with real bomb-making equipment I'm sure the plods would have been all over me by now.

Another arty muppet - he should be in the Pretentious Twats thread for this.

Rodney2q

• Like Like x 1
  6. prefer stuff like this myself.
    02.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  7. CanteenCowboy

CanteenCowboy LE Book Reviewer

The pictures are rubbish, an interesting idea although and if used by someone with more insight to the subject matter could produce some astonishing pictures. I much prefer the art createdby those who actually lived through WW1*, and not some pretentious arty twonk, who should really be under investigation for 'possesion of articles of use to terrorists'.

*Too lazy to provide a link to any WW1 art, but go check out the IWM, full of stuff.

8. Nothing beats actionmen a handfull of bangers and a gat gun, worked for me

9. The trajectories are all wrong. Did they have tracers in WW1?

10. Someone had to bring up abusing Action Man.

I made an action man sized bazooka with a piece of tube filched from metalwork at school. Then I took apart chinese bangers and used the powder as propellant, cotton wool as wadding and the plastic bazooka rounds from the action man set..............worked a treat until I had a misfire and melted one of my blokes hands to the tube.

11. I was waiting for a voiceover a la Michael Bentine's Potty Time.

12. I'll just go and rearrange me blood angles Vs word bearers diarama... Ok I'll **** off now.

13. I looked at the title of the thread and thought it was about the T.A!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

IIRC British invention 1915. Used against Zeppelins and observation balloons, which were hydrogen filled. Ordinary bullets tended just to make holes which led to a slow leakage of gas, tracers set the hydrogen on fire leading to much quicker destruction of target