Playing the race card - Outrageous!!!!

When will these bloody foreigners learn that you don't just waltz into someone else's country and start demanding that they change the way they do things to suit you?

Aaaaaaanymoreticketsplease!

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
The fact that they also discriminate against Glaswegians makes them an example of best practice to all right-thinking people.

They have no need to discriminate against Glaswegians. The mere presence of soap within 500m of the city ensures no such contamination occurs.

Good i say, a few less p1ssed up foreigners blighting this green and english land

jagman said:
I don't see anything wrong with a university seeking to ensure local applicants are favoured.
Me neither.
And even if it was a nationality thing, why the bloody hell shouldn't a Scottish university give preference to Scottish students.

Sixty said:
The fact that they also discriminate against Glaswegians makes them an example of best practice to all right-thinking people.
But why pick on Lanarkshire, Renfrewshire and Strathclyde too...?

It's funny really, in my day you usually chose a uni as far from where you lived as possible. Still, Edinburgh was, and continues to be a, highly desirable university with a very good reputation. It can afford to prioritise and still maintain its standards.

How come its anti-English and not anti-Welsh, anti-Irish etc?

This is a wind-up right? :? :p

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Is it because Jock Uni's get better help with fees etc
So all the English students are trying to get into them

I don't have a problem with it my self

All together now

And sent them homewards to think again (and re apply)

vvaannmmaann said:
Are Jock uni's still "free"?
STUDENT FEES (2009-10)
England: £3,225 p.a.
N. Ireland: £3,225 p.a.
Scotland: free to Scots, £1,775 to other UK
Wales: £1,285 to the Welsh, £3,225 to other UK
Students from elsewhere in the EU pay the same as those locally
Those from outside the EU pay whatever the university charges

the_boy_syrup said:
That's exactly what it is, the sponging immigrant bastards. :wink:

And it's also interesting that the people doing the whining are from the south coast, despite the clearly stated policy that various under-represented bits of northern England would get preference as well.

Slightly off topic,but did anyone else hear the piece on the Jeremy Vine show yesterday about the B&B owners who are being sued by a gay couple because,as the B&B is an extension of their own home,they felt uncomfortable with 2 gay men sleeping in the same bed.
The owners said they'd have no problem if the gay's got seperate rooms but because the are children there as well,it was going against their christian principles.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/a...ns-away-gay-couple-Christian-convictions.html

smartascarrots said:
the_boy_syrup said:

And it's also interesting that the people doing the whining are from the south coast, despite the clearly stated policy that various under-represented bits of northern England would get preference as well.
The reason people on the south coast are whinging is because we pay most of the taxes that subsidise the ' extras' that the scots get, and please dont trot out the tired old ' north sea oil' myth.

brokerboy said:
smartascarrots said:
the_boy_syrup said:

The reason people on the south coast are whinging is because we pay most of the taxes that subsidise the ' extras' that the scots get, and please dont trot out the tired old ' north sea oil' myth.
Oh dear, how sad never mind. My heart beats purple pi$$ :p

johnboyzzz said:
brokerboy said:
smartascarrots said:
the_boy_syrup said:

Its ' my heart PUMPS purple piss' you should know that , you're a guardsman :eek:

brokerboy said:
johnboyzzz said:
brokerboy said:
smartascarrots said:
the_boy_syrup said:

Its ' my heart PUMPS purple piss' you should know that , you're a guardsman :eek:
You are right, I will move to Bridgend and do the honourable thing