Playing The Game - Standards

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Counter-Bluffer-Ops, Mar 31, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Spending a few days skiing in Oberstdorf and came across a shocking example of poor behaviour last night. Three young lads, in Regimental sweatshirts (one of these new-fangled Infantry regiments I think) were singing and swearing in one of the local Gastatte, without any regard to the other clientele.

Although I’ve been out for a couple of years my brain automatically switched to military mode and I swung into action, giving them a severe dressing down in public before sending them on their way.

You know who you are – and I shall be watching out for you this weekend!!!

2. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

Do spill the beans on what Rgt. they were from....

I live in Surrey and, at weekends, the town where I am is crawling with Squaddies. I'm not saying it has to be blazer and flannels, but don't let the side down - we get enough bad Press. When I was in India..... etc.

3. Shocking behaviour in Oberstdorf? ....what did the locals get out their old jackboots and start a juden hunt?

Were they 'Regimental songs' such as 'One day in gay paree', 'My bruvver's in borstal, my sister sucks c***...,...etc.......any hint of a few drunken Nazi salutes?....must have been skint to have to go out in Regi sweat shirts too, you should have bought them a drink and joined in.

Anyway, they couldn't have been that bad or else you'd been mailing this from the krankenhaus. ;-)

4. Yawn :judge: 0/10

5. Seriously why do you bother? We know they are supposed to be amusing, but they just aren't. Take the day off, don't be a cock for your entire life.