Playing Chicken with a Harrier - The ultimate Test

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by pacestick, Oct 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. was on the news just a moment ago, are there any links to it? The video was p155 funny.

2. Try here:
    [url=http://http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=48761.html

If the link doesn't work it's in the Aviation forum

3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

That was f*k all! Back in '88 down MPA,I was servicing the guns on the Phantom Squadron I was on & a Toom came roaring over the top of the Iso the guns were stored in! Nearly blew my funking ears off!!
    If you've ever sat at the end of Bruggen's runway in a rover waiting for 3 Tornado's to take off so you can get to the other side you'll know what I mean.

4. there was outrage on GMTV, "bristish army soldier plays chicken with harrier"

he lost though cos he ducked out of the way. a real man would have stayed standing tall and taken the consequences. i'm sure if he'd have stayed where he was, the harrier would have moved!

5. Theres plenty of room, is he army or his he RAF regiment or something?

6. Puff - no need to duck. :D
    Not only is the harrier miles above him its off to his right.

7. That is nothing! When you have experienced "measles" off Byron Heights in the Falkland Islands, especially when one of the pilots 'supposedly' had just left the Red Arrows.

I know exactly why the chap in the video lost his balance!

Jimima

8. Air pocket and he'd be creamed!

9. I'm no expert and standing by to be corrected but..

Do you get a significant problem with air pockets at 40 feet?

10. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

If the soldier hadn't ducked but stayed bolt upright what would have happend?
    Under the rules of chicken some one has to move or lose
    Would the pilot if he has lost be obliged to eject?

Older readers may remember the story of the two phantoms at Cranwell who had to pull up to avoid hitting the collage during a fly past

11. Can someone "Photoshop" the harrier taking a large dump over the "Chicken".

SK :D

12. What makes you think it was at 40 ft?