Platoon commanders orders

Discussion in 'ACF' started by avtur, Dec 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now then

I am after a set of platoon commanders orders. i.e the set in the manual fieldcraft section p 153 lefthand side (PDF electronic copy).

Thanks

2. Why? Cadets don't do Plt level tactics?

TB

3. No they don't but they do need a set to be delivered to them so they can extract a set of section orders from them.

4. Try these. Also attached a patrol orders template and the extraction diagram. Enjoy.

Attached Files:

5. True, I had to do extraction of orders on my SCIC.

6. Thats great stuff thanks but what I was really after is an actual set of orders i.e

Ground
    Ground is open rolling countryside with small copses

Situation
    Enemy ground
    The enemy is working in a small copse defended by 2 trenches they are carrying small arms etc

Etc etc

I have started on a set for teaching orders extraction but it is taking ages. I emailed Frimley to see if they have a set that we were delivered on our KGVI. I got thinking tried the internet and got no joy tried a few ACF detachment websites again no joy. I then remembered this site hence the thread.

7. Write some yourself?

8. I am but it just takes ages. I have never written any platoon orders before section yes but platoon no.

Many hands make light work.

There might be someone out there with more experience than me.

9. Without stating the obvious, if you've written section orders then simply think of 3 sections together. If you've been involved in a Pl attack then recall what how it all works using the Pl Battle drills as a guide.
    Let me know if you need any tips.

10. msr

msr LE

11. Yes Cadets do do platoon battle drills !! its in voulme 2 of the training pam

12. Platoon?

We've done Company Battle Drills.

13. Company battle drills? Walt

14. Funny. We never did Coy battle drills at RMAS in any detail. But here is the ACF............

15. some walt just doing their own thing