Platinum Jubilee Medal

Looks a bit gay that there ribbon. Though it is one you could take a lot of PRIDE in.
We prefer to call it The Muppet ribbon, thank you very much. ;-)

Muppets Cast.jpg

Careful, Injun - I don't think you want to go there:

' . . . Enlisted soldiers will be awarded the ribbon upon successful completion of their initial military occupational specialty (MOS)-producing course . . .'

:)
Well, I've got an ancestor's Injun War Medal, so there. Not sure how it was acquired though? :?

Indian Wars Medal.JPG

Are US forces permitted to wear that tat ?
Yup. Even though the Kuwait Liberation Medal issued by the Kuwaitis was pretty unimpressive compared to the one the Saudis ponied up. (Said to have enough gold to be worth $100 USD, they say, although I find that doubtful. Don't know why the Kuwaitis were so cheap as it was their country that we kicked Sadaam out of. :?)

So we were awarded 3 medals from Desert Shield/Storm. Top that, buddy. :-D

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Yup. Even though the Kuwait Liberation Medal issued by the Kuwaitis was pretty unimpressive compared to the one the Saudis ponied up. (Said to have enough gold to be worth $100 USD, they say, although I find that doubtful. Don't know why the Kuwaitis were so cheap as it was their country that we kicked Sadaam out of. :?)
The Saudi ribbon with device is pleasing to the eye, but the gong is about as tasteful as a Collie slapper's tats.
Can't say you're wrong about the Kuwaiti medal either, it looks like a souvenir from a cheap middle eastern holiday.
Hang on...

So we were awarded 3 medals from Desert Shield/Storm. Top that, buddy. :-D
Ag, all this chat about you Septics getting extra gongs for everything, Brit forces could get two medals and up to six stars with five clasps just for pitching between 1939 to 1945.

Last edited:

Latest Threads