Platinum Jubilee Medal

Miniature ordered…..

Service Dress (and No4s whilst they’re at it) into the Stitch on Monday for the ribbon.
Not likely to need my Service Dress before Nov, I'll wait. (You never know what might come up in the QBHL, lol).

Still waiting to hear if SCC think I’m eligible or not. Not getting No 1 Dress until I know.

964ST

LE
If you have not been presented /awarded your medal is it not a bit walty to wear the ribbon?

I understand that the rule has been quoted on this thread that ribbons to be worn from a specific date but is that being interpreted as "well I should get one therefore I am entitled!?", rather than I am in posession of the item?

If you have not been presented /awarded your medal is it not a bit walty to wear the ribbon?

I understand that the rule has been quoted on this thread that ribbons to be worn from a specific date but is that being interpreted as "well I should get one therefore I am entitled!?", rather than I am in posession of the item?
Same thoughts, don't want to put the ribbon on before I get the medal, if I end up being in 1's before I get the medal then I can't imagine how much shit I'll get from everyone. Best to just wait

olafthered

LE
Book Reviewer

As soon as awarded on jpa or equivalent, and date passed mini and ribbon to be worn. Medal itself presented later in year.

The rule is ribbons are to be worn from Accession Day and miniatures can be worn from then too. The medal proper is not to be worn until whatever the date is in June. Pretty standard procedure.

Same thoughts, don't want to put the ribbon on before I get the medal, if I end up being in 1's before I get the medal then I can't imagine how much shit I'll get from everyone. Best to just wait
In which case you’d be incorrectly turned out.

In which case you’d be incorrectly turned out.
True. Its a bit of an odd one. In fact, I think I would wait until it comes on JPA and then get the ribbon on, but I read the DIN and it says if you need the medal for a parade or something related to the jubilee before the standard issue dates, it can be sped up. Think I'll play it by ear and see what happens. Let my seniors worry about this haha

Maybe I am a bit late to the party here, but.............

Are people REALLY getting this excited about a f***ing JUBILEE MEDAL? Really?

Are you one of those blokes in the Mess that goes round checking for patent wellies and ready made bow ties?
No one in my Mess would stoop so low as to require checking, not that we have ‘blokes’, of course.

Just an observation, for interest.

At the times of issue of the Gold and Diamond medals I knew several people who worked as Police Support Staff who did various jobs, like manning control rooms and fronting enquiry offices in police stations.
They were required to wear a uniform - white shirts, black ties, dark blue woolly pullies with constabulary badges, police trousers - but no gongs went their way.
The same happened with fire service control room operators and they were not awarded the golden jubilee medal.
I think representations must have been subsequently made as they later received the diamond jubilee medal.
I also seem to recall that prison officers were initially not going to be awarded the golden jubilee medal, but a petition was started by a prison officer and they were later awarded it. The definition of “front line” emergency services is quite broad.

olafthered

LE
Book Reviewer

Nope, just making sure I'm not getting fined for being incorrectly dressed, as one of the dinners has the type of people who will check...

I was hoping to avoid it until I get the next bar on my VRSM in a couple of months, but never mind!

Are you one of those blokes in the Mess that goes round checking for patent wellies and ready made bow ties?
I'm the last person who gets excited about bullshitty things like creases in trousers and shíte like that, but anyone wearing a clip on bow tie or patent wellies in the mess should be taken outside and immediately shot.

I am, it’s going to cost a f*cking fortune to get yet another one added to my considerable rack ^~

Latest Threads