Platinum Jubilee Medal

D

Deleted 15653

I was telling a colleague about it the other day. She had no idea that we were getting one and she was genuinely pleased to think that her work and service is going to be recognised. Accept it for what it is and what it represents. I’ll happily add it to my rack assuming I don’t get hit by a meteorite/get sacked or whatever between now and next February

Faded

Old-Salt
From the .gov website.

Those who will receive the medal for Her Majesty The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee are:

• Serving members of the Armed Forces that have completed five full calendar years of service on 6 February 2022.
  • Frontline emergency services personnel that have been in paid service, retained or in a voluntary capacity, dealing with emergencies as part of their conditions of service, and have completed five full calendar years of service on 6 February 2022.
  • Prison services personnel who are publicly employed and are regularly exposed to difficult and sometimes emergency situations that have completed five full calendar years of service on 6 February 2022.
  • Members of the Royal Household with one year of qualifying service.
  • Living individual recipients of the George Cross.
  • Living individual recipients of the Victoria Cross

Looks nice

Attachments

• 36A32432-B971-40CD-8E41-E7F676D1C9CD.jpeg
    36A32432-B971-40CD-8E41-E7F676D1C9CD.jpeg
    42.3 KB · Views: 92
D

Deleted 100463

The meaning being?
It's really quite obvious isn't it. It means a person served in some capacity for at least 5 years and was still serving during a historic moment for Her Majesty and the country itself. The fact you deem that worthy of derision, speaks volumes to me personally.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really quite obvious isn't it. It means a person served in some capacity for at least 5 years and was still serving during a historic moment for Her Majesty and the country itself. The fact you deem that worthy of derision, speaks volumes to me personally.
That's not really medal worthy though is it? Person gets job, stays in job does nothing remarkable gets medal?

Nice old lady fails to die (we hope) and gives freebie commemorative object while others need to go to Franklin's mint. Hardly historic.

The inequity of the qualifying criteria are utterly divisive, have you any idea of the number of people in the army with less than five years service? How about all those on Op Pitting who quite rightly don't qualify for an OSM but who will be snubbed regarding the PJM while fat knacker enablers down at your AR Centres will be pinning on another chocolate box medal?

D

Deleted 100463

That's not really medal worthy though is it? Person gets job, stays in job does nothing remarkable gets medal?

Nice old lady fails to die (we hope) and gives freebie commemorative object while others need to go to Franklin's mint. Hardly historic.

The inequity of the qualifying criteria are utterly divisive, have you any idea of the number of people in the army with less than five years service? How about all those on Op Pitting who quite rightly don't qualify for an OSM but who will be snubbed regarding the PJM while fat knacker enablers down at your AR Centres will be pinning on another chocolate box medal?
I'd say it's more worthy than many of the honours given out every year in the Honours Lists.

In a time of society getting less we and more me focused, any service of 5 plus years to something more than oneself during a historic event like a Platinum jubilee is something that should be considered highlighting in medal form.

Any set of criteria would leave someone out, no matter what it was. Those who miss out now, may well receive the next Coronation medal (possibly even two of them), with those more junior in time missing out on those.

Yep, no doubt some will get a sad on about someone else's medal rack, but that's always been the case.

Edit to add: Of course it is historic. To say otherwise just comes across a churlish

We’ll take that as a no then…

Latest Threads