Platinum Jubilee Medal

Her Majesty will be celebrating her 70th year of reigning over us with a four day weekend starting Thursday June 2nd and a new medal will be issued.

In keeping with tradition, a Platinum Jubilee medal will be awarded to people who work in public service including representatives of the Armed Forces, the emergency services and the prison services.

Charles must be raging

dlrg

LE
In keeping with tradition, a Platinum Jubilee medal will be awarded........................

'In keeping with tradition, a Platinum Jubilee medal will be awarded to people who work in public service, including representatives of the Armed Forces, the emergency services and the prison service'.

Tradition?? Didn't know there was a tradition of awarding Platinum Jubilee Medals.!
The BBC's report omits the back story.

Last edited:
Edward will be getting excited at the prospect of another medal.

Harry’s will be in the post.

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
Likelyhood of someone with a full set - silver, gold, diamond, platinum?

dlrg

LE
Prince Charles & Princess Anne - Coronation + S/G/D & P. Plus other Royals. Three VC's. including John Cruickshank VC, Keith Payne VC, Captain Rambahadur Limbu VC. Plus six GC recipients.

Last edited:

Tuffty

War Hero
A 4 day weekend, that will piss the Civil Servants off, isnt every weekend 4 days for them or at least a 3 day one. Finish at 12 on a Friday and start again at 12 on a Monday :)

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
Actually awarded? Very unlikely.

Bought on eBay, and worn at next year's Remembrance by walty types? Extremely likely.

I was a cadet in 1977 so it's time for me to recognise my service.

Doubles all round.

Prince Charles & Princess Anne - Coronation + S/G/D & P. Plus other Royals. Three VC's. including John Cruickshank VC, Keith Payne VC, Captain Rambahadur Limbu VC. Plus six GC recipients.
Did Capt (QGO) Rambahadur Linbu not get promoted to Maj (QGO)? I seem to remember he held a QGO position at Buckingham Palace which involved promotion.

It says public service members including armed forces, prison service and emergency services. So is that police, fire and ambulance or will it cover all NHS workers I wonder?

dlrg

LE
Did Capt (QGO) Rambahadur Linbu not get promoted to Maj (QGO)? I seem to remember he held a QGO position at Buckingham Palace which involved promotion.
I can't find anything to confirm a Majority. You may well be right though. He was was appointed Member of the Royal Victorian Order (MVO) in 1984 for his service as Queen's Gurkha Orderly Officer.

james-shortt-4ed8b04c-ba17-4094-9199-b7519b08cee-resize-750.jpeg

Latest Threads