Plaques Again

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by The_RTG_Medic, Jan 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

Months along the line and I'm still trying to lay my hands on a couple of regimental plaques I'm still missing from my collection. A 14 Sigs one popped up on E-Bay today so thats one less. Anyone who can point me the right direction where i can buy (beg, borrow or steal) plaques from

8 Signal Regiment
    604 Signal Troop
    200 (20 Armd Bde) Signal Sqadron
    13 Squadron RCT

Many Thanks

Ian

2. 200 still exist, so you should be able to get one from them.

hmmm, 8, 604 and 13....

E-Bay, market stalls and maybe write to the plaque companies to see if they have any stock that they are selling off. Although to be fair that is a slim possiblility. But they may know of a clearing company.

3. Many Thanks.

Yep, I check e-bay fairly regularly, (found the 14 sigs this morning) have also written to 200 in Sennelarger but have not yet been deemed worthy of a response and have pretty much exhasuted the manufacturers....

I know getting 604, and 8 is going to be a challenge and using the forum is kind of a last resort, oddly on e-bay there is a 20 armd bde plaque, but not the signal squadron.....

Anyway I live in hope.... :)

Cheers for now

Ian

4. Just keep scanning.

Only other option is to give a little tinkle to the messes etc when they close down. You might strike lucky and find something.

Try the slop school in Aldershot for 604, their PRI may have one.

5. New to this site, but here goes, i know the bloke who runs 200 sigs PRI shop, and the plaques are about 24 euros, not sure what postage would be. he says he has received your letter but he has "gone somewhere sunny" for a while. hope this helps. i can post if you wish

6. [/quote] New to this site, but here goes, i know the bloke who runs 200 sigs PRI shop, and the plaques are about 24 euros, not sure what postage would be. he says he has received your letter but he has "gone somewhere sunny" for a while. hope this helps. i can post if you wish[/quote]

Many Thanks !! Have sent you a PM.
    Rgs