Plaque on War Memorial Stolen

oldbaldy

LE
Just when you thought scum couldn't get worse:

A BRONZE plaque listing the names of Plymouth's fallen heroes has been stolen from the war memorial on The Hoe.

Plymouth police are appealing for information about the theft at the city’s naval war memorial between yesterday afternoon and this morning.

The plaque forming part of the monument was released from retaining brackets and stolen.

The two-foot-square plaque is an addendum plate, bearing the names of the fallen and its value is estimated at £2000. It is feared the plaque could be sold by the thieves to be melted down as scrap.

Police say it would have taken a concerted effort to remove the plaque and it would have needed two men to carry it away.

Officers have contacted the War Graves Commission regarding the desecration.
Plymouth Herald

What!
With all that cctv we have been buying for the last 10 years....

I hope they die slowly and painfuly and ,if it can be aranged, in a humiliating fashion.

The same thing happened in Wigan a couple of years ago, just be before Rememberance.

I have to say words fail me.

YM

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
And to think that on 1st July 1916, we lost sixty thousand soldiers.

They'll be sitting on their clouds wondering why they bothered.

It was also on the local new's last night, but it should be made national.
i'm disgusted.
hope the fcukers who took it, have a nasty accident...

Little F*ckers should be walled up inside one of those monuments....

CNUTS!!! :pissedoff: :pissedoff: :pissedoff:

Apparently, it's the turn of the French to run the EU - any chance of us getting a loan of a few thousand CRS to help patrol the streets?

Lets see how the scum behave when they're confronted by a two meter tall, 110 kilo CRS copper dressed like the love-child of Judge Dredd. They might not be so keen to act the cnut if the know the penality is a trip to the local ICU... :twisted:

Fucking Thieving little cunts, hope they get a massive shoeing

Martial Law should be delcared in order to aprehend these chav tw@ts!

Impailing publicly on a rusty scaffolding pole, prefferably in front of the Memorial on a Saturday afternoon. Make a change from the football.

Today of all days! I hate to sound like a bandwagon-jumping, slightly to the right of Attila, hang 'em and flog 'em, Shire Tory but I too hope they die a humilating, human rights removing, **** rape-centered, slow and meticulously brutal death.

Cuddles said:
Today of all days! I hate to sound like a bandwagon-jumping, slightly to the right of Attila, hang 'em and flog 'em, Shire Tory but I too hope they die a humilating, human rights removing, **** rape-centered, slow and meticulously brutal death.
Sounds reasonable and you should raise a fair sum from the sale of TV rights. These scum simply do not care and will nick anything

Here in Bloggshire these vermin have taken to stealing plaques off all manner of public monuments and also lifting bronze sculptures. More dangerous is the stealing of cast iron drain and manhole covers.

Stripping lead and taking copper cabling from empty properties and railway signalling is growing. Yesterday a bloke appeared in court charged with stealing the two spare bronze propellers belonging to the Royal Yacht Britannia!

http://news.scotsman.com/uk/Man-39stole-Royal-Yacht39s-propellers39.4232644.jp

It is true, nothing the law or authorities can do fazes these little scroats. A bit of community reparative justice might be the answer - it worked here for me.

Hmmm, not sure if it's chavs. Smells like Do as you likeys to me.

Feckin peg the twats out on the Hoe for a month, let every man and his dog piss and shit on them.

Feckin scum, ma blood is on the boil here!!!!

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Cuddles is about right... very little control measures deter the scrotes. possibly because the penalty for theft such as this - probation and a minor fine - is so low that it is ignored. We cannot send many more to prison because the nicks are full... so we just have to keep increasing the level of legal penalty to be dealt wih in the community even though the scrots are making everyones life a misery. Hogspawn may be right... its doasyoulikeys

Just a thought... if we can have surveillance for people letting their dogs crap on pavements can we have some set up close to scrap metal dealers?