Plant ID Help

I know this isn't DIY but couldn't find a specific section for gardening and planty stuff.

I saw this plant growing Wild on the side of a public footpath. The local garden centre could not ID it which surprised me.

It is not a Hosta, and emails to various places have come back negative.

Any RHS Buffs out there got any suggestions.

TIA
20200120_174705.jpg

Avtomat Kalashnikova 47, or commonly known as AK47

Seriously though, ain’t that Knot Weed?

spekite

Swinger
Arum italicum aka Lords and ladies. Highly poisonous orange berries,

Oyibo

LE
Use the PlantNet app. It's very good

Absolutely Spot on. Thanks very much for your help.
20200120_181904.jpg

Knotweed has shield/shovel shaped leaves and bamboo like stems.

Bloody Hell. I was going to go round and dig this up and plant it in the garden. Got just the spot for it. Now I'm not sure.

If it kept the cats from dumping their horrific smelling poo in my border, I wouldn't give a toss about it being poisonous.
20200120_183023.jpg

amapola

Old-Salt
It's a very common wild plant that spreads readily so definitely don't deliberately introduce it to your garden!

TamtamPWRR

War Hero
It's a very common wild plant that spreads readily so definitely don't deliberately introduce it to your garden!
If you've got it in your garden it's a sod to get rid of, as little bulblets plate off the main bulb. Squirt it with Roundup, two applications a couple of days apart, that'll **** it.

If you've got it in your garden it's a sod to get rid of, as little bulblets plate off the main bulb. Squirt it with Roundup, two applications a couple of days apart, that'll **** it.
I've not got it in the garden at the moment, but was going round to dig it up from the footpath. But having read up on it I think I'll be giving it a wide berth.

Pity because I thought the foliage looks amazing.

TamtamPWRR

War Hero
I've not got it in the garden at the moment, but was going round to dig it up from the footpath. But having read up on it I think I'll be giving it a wide berth.

Pity because I thought the foliage looks amazing.
Have a hosta instead, you can get variegated ones just like the arum.

Have a hosta instead, you can get variegated ones just like the arum.
Got shed loads of Hostas in pots of different varieties. But they all die off late Autumn and through Winter. This fecker glows from Autumn through Winter into Spring.

Latest Threads