Plans for Film DEAL ??

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by BounceBanana, Nov 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. LATEST NEWS - PAT MONTEATH

Best of luck Pat Monteath author of Operation Ferryman.

I believe the film maker has previously produced videos re the Richard Montgomery.

So maybe a rip roaring yarn is in the preparation stages.

It is the 1980s and Operation Ferryman has recruited 21 old and bold from the new dad's army at Broadstairs.

The geriatric lads are issued UDR ID cards and semtex and their suspicions are not the least aroused. off they go on "Bottle runs" gun toting into County Louth. One of them notes that a suspicious looking dwelling there needs a good survey before it gets a new owner. Positive fire hazard.

One of the lads, Nutpeas is his nickname, is a trained diver of the scuba variety. And it isn't long before the lads row him out in a dinghy to dive on the Richard Montgomery. Still not sure who is the source of their UDR ID cards the lads set to with an assessment. and they conclude that if the Monty goes up it will be a helluva bang.

Luckily, nearby, Operation Zebedee The Magic Roundabout - Zebedee pictuers -free pictures is well established at Deal Barracks ....

Inamos, one of the top men in Operation Ferryman, became a tad security lax. The matter of buying hemorrhoid cream in County Louth for his undercover problems. The Irish pharmacist had chatted away saying "Are ye one of those eejits from Broadstairs ?"

Inamos sussed that their cover was blown. But their local contact, a colonel in OIRA, reassured them that all was well. And the lads' suspicions were not in the least aroused.

Back to Broadstairs for debrief.

Meanwhile in County Louth the OIRA man was enjoying a pint with his mates. "I got da silly coonts diving on the Richard Montgomery. I'm working on convincing Zebedee he's an Irish clan chief now."

You couldn't write it as fiction ......

Best of luck with this Pat.

2. ***stop press***

bloke invents device that transcribes random thoughts into text

• Like Like x 2
  3. Oh do poke it, little man.

4. Think I'll have a stab at this:

5 spice Duck & Ginger noodle soup[h=1]Five-spice duck and ginger noodle soup recipe[/h] [​IMG]

An authentic Chinese noodle soup recipe, packed with healthy vegetables and more-ish spicy flavours.​
    Serves 4
    Ready in 35 minutes

[h=3]Ingredients[/h]
    • Pinch of crushed dried chillies
    • 1/4 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
    • 1/2 tsp sugar
    • 2 large duck breasts, skin removed
    • 2 litres fresh chicken stock, hot
    • 5cm piece fresh ginger, cut into thin strips
    • 2 tsp sunflower oil
    • 200g dried wholewheat noodles (we like Blue Dragon)
    • 1 medium-hot red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
    • Bunch of spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced on the diagonal
    • 200g beansprouts
    • 4 heads pak choi, roughly chopped
    • Handful fresh coriander sprigs
    • Dark soy sauce, to serve

[h=3]METHOD[/h] [h=4]How to make duck and ginger noodle soup[/h]1. Lightly grind the crushed chillies in a pestle and mortar, then mix in a shallow dish with the five-spice powder, sugar, some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Put the duck breasts skinned-side down on the spices. Cover with a plate and weigh down with a few cans. Set aside for 10 minutes.
    2. Meanwhile, bring the stock and ginger to the boil in a pan. Season with a little salt and keep hot. Bring another pan of lightly salted water to the boil ready for the noodles.
    3. Meanwhile, heat the sunflower oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Add the duck breasts, spice-side down, lower the heat slightly and cook for 3 minutes each side for medium-rare. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
    4. Meanwhile, cook the noodles in the boiling water according to the packet instructions. Drain and divide between 4 warm bowls. Sprinkle with the chilli and half the spring onions. Add the beansprouts and pak choi to the chicken stock and cook for 1 minute. Ladle over the noodles.
    5. Thinly slice the duck on the diagonal and place on top of the noodle soup. Scatter with the remaining spring onions and coriander sprigs and serve with the dark soy sauce on the side

5. You and Pat need to lay of the glue sniffing and potcheen

6. And.........sleep!

7. I cant decide if this bloke is a genius windup or a raving bloody lunatic.

8. Option B

9. Let me know how it goes, copied the recipe - might have a try myself.

10. I had a pot noodle instead

• Like Like x 1